• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I see you went with the all steel BDE2. I have the previous version.

Polymer BDE Semi Compact in 9mm here. I went with the Poly because the steel frame was WAY to heavy for EDC. Might as well buy a full size 1911 for EDC going that route.

I carry my BDE 20/7/365. (Gotta sleep sometime) I've put almost 600rnds through it with 124gr FMJ giving it problems. It's also partial to 147gr HP. I run 147gr Winchester for PP and anything 115gr FMJ for target.

It eats Wolf and top-end Brass just the same with no issues.

Mine has a few small scratches on the slide but I plan to have the slide recoated and engraved so that doesn't bother me.

Customer Service has been TOP NOTCH. Never had one issue from Magnum Research in the many times I've called. I had to call once about running +P ammo before I took it to the range. They say it's not recommended for the polymer versions, but the all steel have no issues. Take that for what it's worth.

Also, I have 4 mags. 2- 15rnds and 2- 10rnds. the 15rnds will hold 17rnds, but the 10 hold ten.

SouthBendIN

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    South Bend
    ^ thanks for the info. The only thing im really worried about is the durability of the finish. Although the finish looks d*mn good, I feel that it is going to scratch easily. Its like a matte black finish, i really like the look.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    ^ thanks for the info.

If you plan to use it for carry, make sure to take it to the range with a variety of ammo and find the ones that don't give you any issues. The first 2-300 rounds make sure you find the ammo that works and stick with it. 124gr would not feed in mine due to the head of the bullet being so stubby compared to the 115gr. The newer version may be different. If so let me know. I'd love to compare someone else's that will take 124gr to mine and see what the difference is...

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I can't put in any valuable insight on either model - SavageEagle has the Baby Eagle, IIRC, and I'm sure somebody here has an EAA Handgun. I'll let them provide their own input..

I'll be the goober who has to ask - why these two, specifically?? If I wanted an all-metal handgun, I'd personally look at the Smith and Wesson line. Sig makes an excellent firearm as well. Heck, a Ruger P-Series is an option in my book!!

If these are the two that you like the looks of, that's fine.. but if you're primarily looking for accuracy and capacity, there's other options that are right up there..
    Because God's chosen people...(IDF) are never wrong. Ask any Arab. :): Seriously...hold one...shoot one...you're hooked.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Because God's chosen people...(IDF) are never wrong. Ask any Arab. :): Seriously...hold one...shoot one...you're hooked.

Get the baby eagle and leave the Tanfoglio alone.

I'll bet my Baby eagle is more accurate than any EAA. Hell, I'll put my baby eagle up against anyone's gun just to compare accuracy! Any takers? My mag capacity is either 17+1 or 16+1. I currently carry in 15+1 so as to not wear the springs as fast.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    They're both Tanfoglio to a great degree. I would consider a steel BE but never another Witness until EAA is dumped as the importer. To say I dislike EAA and their j/a of a smith would be an understatement.

I think you made the right choice with the steel BE and would like to find one myself.

I'll bet my Baby eagle is more accurate than any EAA.

Still, a Witness Elite of any flavor would spank your Polymer BE, SE. :D;)

GoldTeam-08.png

WITNESS ELITE GOLD DESCRIPTION:
    Finally, an open class pistol that is truly an "out of box shooter"! Add your choice of optics and your ready to go! The "Gold Team" pistol is the signature model of 1999, 2002, 2005 IPSC World Champion Eric Grauffel. Every "Gold Team" pistol is carefully hand built by Tanfoglio's master gunsmiths. Special features of the "Gold Team" are an 8 hole ported, match grade polygonal rifled barrel, 3 chamber compensator, lightened slide, single action trigger with over travel stop, square trigger guard, checkered front and back strap, extended beavertail, ambidextrous custom shop safety, hart hammer, custom shop magazine release, extend magazine well for speed reloading, and one piece aluminum grips. The full length dust cover frame is drilled and tapped to allow the use of various styles of optic mounts. Take one look and you'll know why the "Gold Team' is the choice of champions. The Witness Gold Team.... Setting the standard for quality and un-compromised value!

Standard features include:

* Competition Ready "Out of the Box"
    * 12 Hole Ported Polygonal Barrel
    * 2 Chamber Compensator
    * Full Length Dust Cover
    * Optics Ready - Drilled and Tapped
    * 9mm, .38 Super, .40 SW & .45 ACP

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    They're both Tanfoglio to a great degree. I would consider a steel BE but never another Witness until EAA is dumped as the importer. To say I dislike EAA and their j/a of a smith would be an understatement.

I think you made the right choice with the steel BE and would like to find one myself.

Still, a Witness Elite of any flavor would spank your Polymer BE, SE. :D;)

GoldTeam-08.png

Bring it on! :D I've always known my BDE was more accurate than I, but I'd love to test it vs others handguns.

And BTW, the Polymer BE won't make your pants sag like the heavier, all-steel models. :thumbsup:

You know, since I carry mine everyday and all... :dunno:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Bring it on! :D I've always known my BDE was more accurate than I, but I'd love to test it vs others handguns.

And BTW, the Polymer BE won't make your pants sag like the heavier, all-steel models. :thumbsup:

You know, since I carry mine everyday and all... :dunno:

There you go... talking smack again. I guess I'm gonna have to whip this one out on you.

rosie-iraq.JPG

talshu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    i got the baby eagle 9 i love it cant say enough good things about it but u must choose whats good for you. good luck

Top Bottom