• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    Nothing major or exciting. I'm working on a bookshelf for my son.

67867506_10156612976408042_7005338508726370304_n.jpg

​​​​​​​Jason

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I still have to attach the handle and the sign and a few other things. The handle is an actual vintage gas pump handle. It's going to be mounted on the door then I'll attach a hose to the handle and door. I hope my son likes it. He's kind of mad it's not red and doesn't have a triceratops on it. I do what I can.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I need to ***** and moan for a minute and figured people in this thread might appreciate it.

I bought the Harbor Freight dovetail jig for about $30. Hard to go wrong there. I spend more than that on beer...

Anyway, I put some scrap stock on there so I can dial in the setup, and NOTHING will line up. I finally take the clamps off to see what is what, and the stupid thing is out of square by at least a half inch and out of flat by more than a quarter. Needless to say it is going back today and I'm measuring the replacement before I leave the store.

First time I've been burned, so not bad, and I know they'll replace it. It's just frustrating. I really had my heart set on making drawers last night.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I need to ***** and moan for a minute and figured people in this thread might appreciate it.

I bought the Harbor Freight dovetail jig for about $30. Hard to go wrong there. I spend more than that on beer...

Anyway, I put some scrap stock on there so I can dial in the setup, and NOTHING will line up. I finally take the clamps off to see what is what, and the stupid thing is out of square by at least a half inch and out of flat by more than a quarter. Needless to say it is going back today and I'm measuring the replacement before I leave the store.

First time I've been burned, so not bad, and I know they'll replace it. It's just frustrating. I really had my heart set on making drawers last night.

Get the Porter Cable one from Lowes it will make you look like a pro. Well worth the money.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Get the Porter Cable one from Lowes it will make you look like a pro. Well worth the money.

I saw it there when I picked up my router (I am cheap, but I will pony up the dough for well put together power tools), but I just couldn't convince myself that a bit of aluminum and steel was worth $160.

I have seen people make good doevetails with the HF jig, but theirs all started out flat and square...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom