• ...and so much more!
  • SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I googled hitches when needing one for a Chevy Equinox and found many options, Don't recall who I bought from but the chevy's frame was punched from the factory and the new class III hitch bolted on as advertised. Amazing!

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    If you have U-Haul install it, MAKE SURE THEY INSTALLED ALL THE BOLTS & if getting lights MAKE SURE THEY HOOKED UP THE WIRING.
    I have had to fix several U-Haul installs.

I do installs for a living, we may have on at work. I can check on Tuesday, if you want.

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Thanks but its for a 94 1/2 ton Chevy pick-up.

My 95 1/2 ton Chevy did not have a hitch when I bought it. I went to the local self service junk yard and pulled one off a truck that had the factory tow package for $35.00. Brought it home, hit it with a wire wheel in my angle grinder and sprayed it with a can of rustolium. I ordered a new wire harness and picked up new class 10.9 bolts and lock nuts at a local supplier.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    E-Trailer. Hooked up mine a month ago. Took an hour (at the most), including hooking up the wiring harness.

Check rated tongue and pulling weight ratings for whatever they offer for your vehicle. Pick whatever is rated highest. Sometimes it's Reese, sometimes Draw-Tite, etc... They're all pretty much the same though.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Like others recommended try E-Trailer. Reese, Curt, Draw-Tite. . . . They are all the same basically.

Years ago, I wourked at Valparaiso Rental and Sales for a summer and installing these was one of my tasks. These are the ones we installed most. I preferred Reese, but they were basically the same. All work well. On a full-frame vehicle like a Silverado, installation is pretty easy. It was the uni-body cars that had some interesting engineering solutions that used precision tools like a large ball-peen hammer or a pry bar.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    etrailer.com is the easiest and best priced choice out there.

Go overkill because... well .....you're a guy and that's what we do but also you may want to tow bigger in the future. Class 3 will give you the best options. They've got some quality names to work with and all the kits in stock that people can forget about. Lighting, brakes, adapters, linkage, etc...

EDIT- I see you already ordered from them. :yesway:

Top Bottom