• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I’m in need of a lighter-recoiling, somewhat less-expensive to shoot rifle as health and financials dictate I cut back the .308 for now. So, since I already have plenty of brass and powder for it, I’m looking for a bolt action rifle chambered in .223 (I MAY consider .223AI) with a 1:7, 1:8, or MAYBE a 1:9 depending on the deal (faster is preferred). Barrel needs to be 20” or longer and heavier in profile.

Ideally I’m looking for a Tikka T3X, R700/clone, Weatherby Vanguard/Howa 1500, or maybe a Savage 10/12. The idea is finding a factory rifle/barreled action with decent aftermarket support that’s a known quantity in the precision realm as that’s my main use, along with some occasional varmint hunting. Mag fed is a serious plus but not necessarily required as long as the action supports it so I can upgrade it in time.

I’ll note that I cannot afford a full-blown custom rig at this time, my budget is around $600-1000 depending on options (less is better but don’t shy away from offers on the higher end of that!). Also, my schedule’s kinda weird and hectic, so please be patient as we try to figure out a good time and place to meet, it might take a little bit to make our schedules mesh. I’m in Lafayette but willing to drive for the right deal. Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom