• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Cheap? Hi points are cheap I thought you wanted to do a Glock. ........
    Seriously thought a 19 might be a good test.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Cheap? Hi points are cheap I thought you wanted to do a Glock. ........
    Seriously thought a 19 might be a good test.

Ha, yeah, I meant maybe I could pick up a Glock that had seen better days to experiment on, rather than my precious :-) But all the ones on the classified's seem to be made of some rare metal these days.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I got a 23 to bring over. Bobtail and shave the hump. Grind those darn finger groves also. Unless I get to those 1st. I love the gun but hate the grip. I might need to save a coin or two for your services prior. But that would be the only thing keeping me from driving it over today. :):

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Which model would you want?

Would it need to be a Gen 3, or could it also be done on a Gen 4, I wonder. It would of course smoke the ability to use backstraps on a gen 4.

You got a solid idea on how you would go about this? Have to fill in that void in the frame under the backstrap/heel of the frame area.

I've got a 23 or 2 that could be done, but at that rate might as well be my 19, because both of those guns are in excellent condition as well. Only gen 3 19 I have is the one you melted the slide on. Got a couple of gen 4's, but still thinking on that backstrap thing.

I'm interested.

Last edited:

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    What I would really want is a practice frame, maybe an airsoft or something. I have been looking at my 19 but I really don't want it bobbed otherwise I would practice on it. Biggest thing is I need to find out what people are using for the filler

scatwater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    North East Indiana
    I have a question as I am a rifle guy. When you all speak of Bobbing what the heck are you referring to? I know Allen does amazing work :bowdown:on pistols I ve seen from pictures posted. I just want to know what I am ooohhhhing and ahhhhing about. :scratch:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a question as I am a rifle guy. When you all speak of Bobbing what the heck are you referring to? I know Allen does amazing work :bowdown:on pistols I ve seen from pictures posted. I just want to know what I am ooohhhhing and ahhhhing about. :scratch:

Cutting off the squared bottom, corner/butt of the grip.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What I would really want is a practice frame, maybe an airsoft or something. I have been looking at my 19 but I really don't want it bobbed otherwise I would practice on it. Biggest thing is I need to find out what people are using for the filler

When I emailed Lane @ Coldbore, he gave this info: "The material I use is a special blend of resins designed for maximum adhesion to polymers. I do fill the cannel in the grip and create the bobtail from there."

Not overly specific, but then I didn't really know what to ask.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    yea I have done some research to. Some people are using a marine resin but I haven't found anything specific

Top Bottom