• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I thought if someone was using personal insults, it meant you were done arguing and had lost. Kinda like anti-gunners talking about us having small johnsons.

Why not just debate her position?

I agree with you about the personal insults, but you should take your other point up with Ms. magazine. They are the ones preventing debate via their comment/censorship policies.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I thought if someone was using personal insults, it meant you were done arguing and had lost. Kinda like anti-gunners talking about us having small johnsons.

Why not just debate her position?

First, she isnt here to debate, so we can pile on the insults WHILE we comment about why we think she is wrong. :D

Second, several here have tried to counter her points. The forum SHE chose refuses to publish pro gun comments no matter how polite and eloquent. Not exactly an easy, balanced debate, huh?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Ms. Yewman's story may be starting to unravel. I'll be the first to say "fake but accurate". The facts as she presented them do not appear to line up with the actual license/gun purchase requirements of her state or any other.

Instapundit » Blog Archive » IS THAT MS. MAGAZINE My Month With A Gun column a hoax? I don’t know, but I got an email from reade…

doh.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wouldnt be surprised. Im sure the Brady folks wouldnt let facts get in the way of a good story to illustrate their cause.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Anybody see any posts still from 1775usmarine on there?

It was only visible to you because it was pending moderator approval. Now that they ignored/rejected it you cant even see it.

Its quite the one sided debate as you can probably see from the lack of negative comments that are approved. (id check but I dont want to give them any ad revenue)

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Yeah I seen that didn't know if my posts would make the cut. I would love to follow her around and just shadow her maybe she would do something stupid.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    :wow:

You said the fail is thick with this.

Just like doing the minimum to get your DL doesn't mean you know how to drive.

I like that the cop called her an idiot and told her to take a class!

things wrong even if you don't include training.
    1) Carrying a gun have never fired a gun of any kind.
    2) Not shooting the gun you are going to carry to make sure it reliably feeds the ammo you intend to use.
    3)carrying in a uncle mikes Canvas holster.
    4) not cleaning and inspecting the gun when you bring it home. (this is part of the not shooting the gun before carrying it.)
    5) pulling up to cop performing a traffic shop with a gun and asking questions.

The list could go on.

Also the comments are scary.."she has a bad day and decides to go to starbucks and start shooting" :nuts: I have never had that thought or one even similar to that.

And, I bet she is carrying without a round in the chamber. But this is an assumption.

From the way I read the article it sounded as if she has no rounds in it at all. Didnt the cop tell her that? I doubt someone this petrified and untrained would carry it loaded. But then again she doesn't sound very bright.

bdickmeyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2012
    If she is afraid to release the magazine, I doubt she ever loaded the magazine. She probably has no clue how to chamber a round either. Either way, her bias is going to lead her to her conclusion about carrying

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Cause her position is right in front of a big bag of oats.

While I can see the humor here, Acteon is correct: It lowers us to their level when we stoop to insulting someone rather than discussing the merits (or lack thereof) in the views they've expressed. She has prominent teeth, yes. So what? I have a full beard. Maybe you have a beer gut. Maybe someone else has a hook nose or "Marty Feldman eyes". Stephen Hawking is one of the most brilliant men in the world today. Are his intelligence and his opinions overshadowed by the fact that he spends his life confined to a wheelchair and talks by means of a computer?

The point is the same as the way we enforce the INGO rule on insults leveled against other members: If you have something to say in reply, stick to the facts and discuss those, not the person offering them. It makes debates and discussions flow so much more smoothly when both sides stick to the relevant facts and/or opinions.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    While I can see the humor here, Acteon is correct: It lowers us to their level when we stoop to insulting someone rather than discussing the merits (or lack thereof) in the views they've expressed. She has prominent teeth, yes. So what? I have a full beard. Maybe you have a beer gut. Maybe someone else has a hook nose or "Marty Feldman eyes". Stephen Hawking is one of the most brilliant men in the world today. Are his intelligence and his opinions overshadowed by the fact that he spends his life confined to a wheelchair and talks by means of a computer?

The point is the same as the way we enforce the INGO rule on insults leveled against other members: If you have something to say in reply, stick to the facts and discuss those, not the person offering them. It makes debates and discussions flow so much more smoothly when both sides stick to the relevant facts and/or opinions.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Normally, i would agree with you. Making fun of someone instead of debating the facts is the easy stupid way out. i also would not condone or tolerate insulting my fellow ingo brother or sisters. we all may disagree at some point and time, but we are all here for the same cause. With all that said, the women has the mouth of a horse. she is not a member of this community. in fact her crappy story may hurt our cause. so yes i took a jab at her physical appearance. i wont do that anymore. in fact if she was here i would offer up a peace treaty. perhaps an apple? A sugar cube? Wait i know A Carrot.:rockwoot:

Take it easy bill, its all in good fun.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Normally, i would agree with you. Making fun of someone instead of debating the facts is the easy stupid way out. i also would not condone or tolerate insulting my fellow ingo brother or sisters. we all may disagree at some point and time, but we are all here for the same cause. With all that said, the women has the mouth of a horse. she is not a member of this community. in fact her crappy story may hurt our cause. so yes i took a jab at her physical appearance. i wont do that anymore. in fact if she was here i would offer up a peace treaty. perhaps an apple? A sugar cube? Wait i know A Carrot.:rockwoot:

Take it easy bill, its all in good fun.

Also, we already debated her points into the ground. So we have nothing better now to do than act like catty women. :laugh::laugh:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My point is, that if an anti-gunner, not on this forum, makes a claim that gun owners are compensating for small male genitalia, and we say he's lost the argument because he's resorted to name calling. And name calling means you've run out of arguments.

Then for us to do the same thing means either we are wrong and lost the argument, or that we are hypocrites.

So are we wrong in our position on guns
    Or are we hypocrites?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Also, we already debated her points into the ground. So we have nothing better now to do than act like catty women. :laugh::laugh:

Seriously? I'm sitting here reading tons of "horsey mouth" comments from a bunch of grown men, and "women" are the catty ones?
    Yeahhh... that's sounding about right. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom