• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Just got back from the west side and made stops at Traildust, Walmart, MC Sports. ** Please note I mainly look for .40/.22/.223 but try to notice all stocks **

Traildust has just about everything in stock. Prices are decent I'd say. Though 5 shots of 00Buck were $6 something, $20/50rds of .40 for most brands I believe, plenty of .22 50 count packs, picked up some subsonics while I was there to try out for $3.00. Almost got a few tracer rounds for my Mosin but I'll wait till another time..

Walmart was sold out of pretty much everything handgun, and a lot of rifle is gone, they also have signs up for 2 limit per ammo type per customer or something. I was going to pick up some .22 Bulk but they were gone. They still have the normal slugs and shotshells.

MC Sports has a lot of everything too. No self defense stuff though, didn't see any of that. .40 was $18-25ish/50rounds. .223 was 11ish/20. They had a few boxes of that...their rifle rack was getting pretty thin...plenty of xDs and Glocks and the normal for handguns though, saw a xD40SC BiTone for $569 I believe.

That's about all I can think of. Anyway, just wanted to let anyone who cared know!

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    :laugh: sorry please excuse this post...I clicked into it because I miss read the title. I thought it said "Bloomington Ammo sucks" and had to find out why.

My bad sorry, carry on. :):

Rog

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    The stock of 9mm is basically the same as you've listed above. The only place with self-defense rounds was Traildust. His prices were pretty darn competitive. Had .40, 38 special, and more in stock.

And wal-mart now has a purchase limit of 2 for each kind of ammo. So, you can get two of any of the boxes on the shelf. I bought two 9mm Blazer boxes and two federal bulk packs of 22 last weekend.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Yeah, Traildust DID have some 9MM Gold Dots, I wanted to look at them but he had just told some guy "Please read the orange signs" (they say, please do not open boxes without permission). They were ~$20/20rounds, not bad for Gold dots. But I would have to agree, his prices are pretty competitive.

He also has tons of 50 cal ammo cans for $8.00. $4.00 30cal cans, but he only had one left while I was there. It was more beat up than I'd like else I would have left with it.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I rolled into the same Wal-Mart over lunch TODAY and breezed by the sporting goods counter (as I am wont to do), and they had TWO boxes of Winchester white box 9mm.

As usual NO ONE was there to staff the counter (I guess they don't want to sell anything), so I went to pick up a few envelopes and other things I needed.

I came back 5 min. later and it was gone! DOH!
    :eek: :crying: :ugh:

Top Bottom