• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I am more than willing to pay reparations to every slave I’ve owned and their descendants. Matter of fact, I’ll cover the reparations for my father, his father, his father and his father as well.

Now what?
    And I too think reparations should be paid to actual slaves, and the funds taken from the estates of the former owners.

Oh, wait, they are all dead.

Can we move on now instead of focusing on the sins of the fathers and the lack of inured first parties?

And how do you handle those of us who came across after the civil war and had no part of it? Reparations today with things like the OP mentioned, combined with how many families didnt come here until after slavery ended, is kinda like this:

You are part of a large party that intended to go out to dinner, then go clubbing. As you are all finishing dessert, 2 more show up late but dont order anything because they got off work late and just want to go to the club with everyone. Do those two have to split the bill with the rest of the group? Because that is what reparations is today; Somebody who arrived late to the party with no skin in the game, being asked to pony up cash to help pay for something they had no part in.

Edit: at the risk of sounding like a racist, this is all a bribe by the Democrats to pay off black voters and enrich them under a false pretense and try to bring back many of those voters who have seen what the Dems have become and moved away to other parties. Its just buying the black vote. Nobody today that would receive those funds were directly impacted by slavery. Racism, yes. But slavery? Nope.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And I too think reparations should be paid to actual slaves, and the funds taken from the estates of the former owners.

Oh, wait, they are all dead.

Can we move on now instead of focusing on the sins of the fathers and the lack of inured first parties?

And how do you handle those of us who came across after the civil war and had no part of it? Reparations today with things like the OP mentioned, combined with how many families didnt come here until after slavery ended, is kinda like this:

You are part of a large party that intended to go out to dinner, then go clubbing. As you are all finishing dessert, 2 more show up late but dont order anything because they got off work late and just want to go to the club with everyone. Do those two have to split the bill with the rest of the group? Because that is what reparations is today; Somebody who arrived late to the party with no skin in the game, being asked to pony up cash to help pay for something they had no part in.

Edit: at the risk of sounding like a racist, this is all a bribe by the Democrats to pay off black voters and enrich them under a false pretense and try to bring back many of those voters who have seen what the Dems have become and moved away to other parties. Its just buying the black vote. Nobody today that would receive those funds were directly impacted by slavery. Racism, yes. But slavery? Nope.
    And soooooo many would blow through it and stick out their hands again.
    We saw this recently in Georgia after Bernie bought the senate seats needed with the promise of a $2000 check if they got those seats. Did it right in front of us.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    If correct, it states that 1.4% of whites in America had one or more slaves, while 28% of free blacks had one or more slaves, so not really “a small percentage of black people also owned slaves”
    This is incorrect and skews the data to make it look like something its not.

"Duke University professor John Hope Franklin, records that in New Orleans over 3,000 free Negroes owned slaves, or 28 percent of the free Negroes in that city."

"Even if all slaveholders had been white, that would amount to only 1.4 percent of whites in the country"

You cant compare the percentage of 1 city where slavery is legal to the percentage of the entire country where slavery is not legal everywhere. In 1860 when this data is provided its was illegal in more states than it was legal.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This is incorrect and skews the data to make it look like something its not.

"Duke University professor John Hope Franklin, records that in New Orleans over 3,000 free Negroes owned slaves, or 28 percent of the free Negroes in that city."

"Even if all slaveholders had been white, that would amount to only 1.4 percent of whites in the country"

You cant compare the percentage of 1 city where slavery is legal to the percentage of the entire country where slavery is not legal everywhere. In 1860 when this data is provided its was illegal in more states than it was legal.
    Let's see your proof that the professor is wrong. The professor spent time researching this you spent 5 seconds trying to refute him without proof.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    So does this mean that if my great, great, great, grandfather was a horse thief, I am in danger of being hanged? Or maybe Lincoln's linage is due for reparation by the descendants of any freed slave?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If you are the descendants of slave owners and want to be guilt tripped into paying reparations I say go for it. I will not be participating I bear no responsibility and do not consent to my tax money being specifically spent on doing so. If any non government entity wants to set up a fund for those that wish to contribute to reparations and administer it then have at it.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If you are the descendants of slave owners and want to be guilt tripped into paying reparations I say go for it. I will not be participating I bear no responsibility and do not consent to my tax money being specifically spent on doing so. If any non government entity wants to set up a fund for those that wish to contribute to reparations and administer it then have at it.
    What about 98% of all whites not owning slaves, what about whites who's ancestors fought for the North? Why would they be forced to pay for the 1.8% who did own slaves?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The rules were changed up a bit to put it on a more voluntary basis but slavery in the US wasn't done away with. Not by a long shot.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    My great Grandfather came to the US in the 1890s he and his son's worked and (some) died in coal mines...they were owned by the coal companies. Do I, should I get reparations?
    I bet he was not even paid in cash for working the mines. My grandfather wasn't. My grandmother, who raised me a good portion of my childhood, lived in those "company camps" half her life, managed to get out, and told me a lot about it (we had plenty of time to talk). There are very few black people in America today who had grandparents who experienced anything closer to slavery than mine did. And if they do, they are probably recent immigrants from somewhere else.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom