• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Since the race card is used so much and the call for reparations for black Americans this article puts this into prospective. Should reparations be paid if the slaves were owned by black slave owners?

This article also provides information contrary to popular false history being pushed by Hollywood and the Media about how mean slave owners were.

Dulla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    NWI

Since the race card is used so much and the call for reparations for black Americans this article puts this into prospective. Should reparations be paid if the slaves were owned by black slave owners?

This article also provides information contrary to popular false history being pushed by Hollywood and the Media about how mean slave owners were.
    So because a small percentage of black people also owned slaves that makes the whole system of American slavery okay?

If I'm misinterpreting your post please correct me.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So because a small percentage of black people also owned slaves that makes the whole system of American slavery okay?

No, it means that laying the blame on all white people is ridiculous. Plenty of other ethnicities also practiced slavery, or were slaves as well.
    Acting like the US and white people are the problem is demonstrating a complete lack of historical education or awareness of the world outside of our borders.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills

If correct, it states that 1.4% of whites in America had one or more slaves, while 28% of free blacks had one or more slaves, so not really “a small percentage of black people also owned slaves”

Dulla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    NWI
    No, it means that laying the blame on all white people is ridiculous. Plenty of other ethnicities also practiced slavery, or were slaves as well.
    Acting like the US and white people are the problem is demonstrating a complete lack of historical education or awareness of the world outside of our borders.
    Of course laying the blame on all white people is ridiculous.

But pretending slavery in America didn't have an effect on our society today is equally ridiculous.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

But pretending slavery in America didn't have an effect on our society today is equally ridiculous.
    I don't see that in the OP's post. I think you're reading that into it. I think the point is that making everyone pay for reparations is of questionable moral and practical value. Un-tangling who owes what to whom is a tricky business, so since that isn't possible to resolve cleanly, given that most white people didn't own slaves, what this will basically boil down to is a big skin-color-based welfare scheme. People who want Lyndon Johnson 2.0 should just say so, and make the case for why it's good for the country. We already waste plenty of money. Slavery is and was a bad thing, but compounding it with reparations won't make it right. What are we going to do for Japanese Americans whose ancestors were put in camps? What about Latino immigrants who were mistreated? It just goes on and on. This sort of race-based pandering is a step backwards.

Last edited:

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    90% of all the slaves which came to the New World from Africa were owned at some point by other Africans....:horse:
    Between Nigeria and the Rep. of Congo,there are roughly shy of 2.5 million slaves as I speak......and the hopeful Reparations Recipients could G A S less about their living cousins. I am sorry to have changed lanes, and where were we?

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Are you referring to the OP or the article. Because the op did not say that.

My dads side came here as young children in servitude. Yup they were sold off in London to came here and be worked to death which only a few survived. And thank the deity's for that or I would not be here.

Oh wait......we were slaves in the truest sense of the word.....Where is my 40 and a mule.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Did you even read the first sentence?
    "Since the race card is used so much and the call for reparations for black Americans this article puts this into prospective."
    Lets start here people. Good post and makes a point.
    If you did not like to OP then just move along. We will not start any crap in here. OK

The next comment even close to the :stickpoke: will get dinged. Civil discourse or do not post.

Thanks, :popcorn:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Did you read the article? There is a lot of good historical information in it.
    How about how Black slave owners supported the Confederate army, how free slaves sold themselves back into slavery. Seriously why would or should we pay reparations to the ancestors of those who sold themselves back into slavery or who were owned by black slave owners, or those who fought freely for the Confederate army.
    To even consider reparation's is Ludacris.
    As with any such hand outs from the treasury (printing presses) it will never end. It will never be enough. The cycle needs to be broken.

Top Bottom