• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • old man Bill

Plinker
    Nov 12, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Anybody interested in some powder and lots of supplies?

I have a bunch of traditional BP accouterments I'm selling and want to know if there is any interest here or should I go lookin for a BP site. I have a cronygrapy, wind gauge, triger pull scale, powder, horns for powder, balls and bullets, patch material, BP shotgun supplies and a lot more. This may not be the bestest place to peddle it but since I was already here, what the heck.
    Bill

old man Bill

Plinker
    Nov 12, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I have several pouches of round balls in various sizes and several in a size that will work with yur .45. Ifn youv done any shootin you know that figerin out the powder, patch and ball is not that quick and easy but worth the time and effert....plus the fun of figgerin it out is the whole shootin match. Seriously, I have been into BP for years and am just getting rid of all of it because of age,...mine, not the material. I got into the BP mystique really deep and am looking to pass on the goods, and the experience I learned, on to the "next generation" with the hopes that the period form of shooting and hunting will not be lost. It's historical and worth pursuing so it doesn't pass with time into nothingness. I am at the point of disposal so, if your into traditional BP sports, I may be able to get you on the trail to doing it. PM me and we will discuss the nuances of the sport.
    Bill
    Bill

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    With the rain and stuff I've decided to look for a synthetic stock for my Hawken.
    Yup, they made 'em, and two popped up/were sold recently on a couple auction sites. No others to be found (of course).

Precision Grips in AZ made 'em. Need one for a 50 cal TC Hawken. I'll probably mod if to accept the factory buttplate and wedge pin plates.

Anybody spot one, please let me know.

Yeah, my all stainless TC will still look nice with a black plastic stock.

Thanks, H

blitz91

Plinker
    Nov 30, 2012
    Terre Haute, In
    BROWN BESS!!

1762 tower armoury brown bess, the only muzzle loader for me, i am interested in building one of the Dixie Gun Works colt navy revolver kits, seems like it would be a fun gun to build and shoot :)

indy1919a4

Master
    Jan 7, 2011
    West Virginia's Mountaineer mascot is in trouble with the university after using the school-issued musket he totes around during games and appearances to shoot and kill a black bear.

West Virginia

The school handled that in a way to now make everyone feel dirty and down..

-The animal rights people are up set, a Bear stopped a ball

-The hunters right people are mad now he had to sort of say he was sorry

-The bear is totally torked no matter what happen

-Gun owners who would be pleased to see a fine piece in use are now ticked that it will be a display piece only, and how the school is ashamed that the gun was actually used to kill some poor woodland critter

-The school could have made hay with it by having donors pose with the gun and the bear skin but now thats gone. The bear and the gun will be uncool for any one to see at the school because of its killing

-School supporters will be mad now because of the lack of B*lls on the school officials side..

ML ll THUMBHOLE

Plinker
    Feb 6, 2009
    PLAINFIELD,IN
    :ingo:I think a muzzleloader site would be very welcomed. I think there is a great need for people wanting to shoot and hunt with no real place of knowledge to start from.
    I pesonally have shot and owned several types, and I currently shoot the Savage Smokeless. This gun is a long range tack driver. have taken 12 deer in the last 3 years. Range has been anywhere from 108 yds. to 349 yds with clean kills.
    I know alot of folks may not think this is a true muzzleloader with the smokeless powder and all, but that's fine.
    My intent here is to help anyone with issues with theirs, or answer any questions that could help educate them on something different.
    Great site....:rockwoot:

old man Bill

Plinker
    Nov 12, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    If anyone is interested in traditional BP shooting, I just posted 4 for sale in the long gun classifieds.
    Bill
    And, I have balls, patches, and other accouterments.

jdoxs

Plinker
    Dec 22, 2012
    Hello, a "Seasons Greetings" and "Happy Holidays" to you all!!!

I'm one of the new (old), kids on the blog, so if "y'all don't mind" and if it is o.k., I will take a moment to introduce myself and put in my 2 cents worth. I am a retired tool maker and now dedicate my free time to kids (and adults), as a State Hunter Safety Instructor (Indiana). I am also a firearms safety (and general shooting), instructor with 4-H and Boy Scouts, as well as an N.R.A. instructor in the area of muzzle loaders. I have been a member of the N.R.A. and N.M.L.R.A., most of my life, as well as a competitive shooter and a deer and squirrel hunter. I have been shooting a B.P. flint lock since I was 16 years old (now 64). I also reload my Sharps with B.P. as well as involved in general reloading of smokeless. I guess that I am a child of the woods!
    This all ain't a boast, it's just a fact,.. it's what I like to do! So I hope that I am able to bring something to the table in the line of helpful knowledge. So have at it,... lets chat, I think you will find that I'm pretty easy to get along with! !!!
    There always seems to be a lot of new bells and whistles popping up when it comes to B.P. and it's related items. Folks seem to always be re-inventing the wheel! None the less, I am pleased to see that there are companies out there that are producing B.P. and substitutes. In my life of B.P. shooting, I have used Dupont, GOEX, Swiss, Elephant and Pyrodex and have pitched out a bunch of others into the trash. I always try to buy as much powder (legal amount), as I am able to at one time as to have a supply that I can depend on for consistency. I work with a minimal charge granulation for target and hunting as to conserve what powder I have on hand. As an example, Even though I am a traditional flint lock shooter, I am currently working with a minimal load for a .50 Cal. Minie bullet (Lee brand), and a Mossberg M.L. barrel. I usually pick up my B.P. powder when I go to "Friendship Nationals" (N.M.L.R.A. at Friendship IN.), and the Pyrodex R/S (Rifle Sshotgun), at my local gun store!

jdoxs

Plinker
    Dec 22, 2012
    If no mention has been made, "Conner Long Rifles Club" will be having their indoor gun show on Feb. 16th and 17th (2013), at the Hamilton Co. 4-H fair grounds, Noblesville IN. I have gone (and set up a table), for many years now, and have found it to be the best gathering in Indiana of folks that are knowledgeable about muzzle loading firearm (and related stuff). It is a pre-1900 show, geared toward the needs of traditional shooters, collectors, re-enactors from the early 1700's to the late 1800's. The event has displays and vendors showing and selling original and replica firearms, edged implements, native American items, bows/arrows, art, books, etc., etc. They don't sell black powder (not sure about the caps), but they do have flints. If you shoot an in-line, I would venture to say that you may be hard pressed, or out of luck to find what you need. None the less, if you have never been to this show,.. you should go at least once and I'm sure that you will find yourself waiting like a kid for Christmas for the next years show.

Top Bottom