• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallend

Sharpshooter
    May 3, 2011
    Are there any BPC shooters here?-----I have watched them shooting the "Buffalo Rifles" at Friendship,In.-----metal targets at 200,300,385,and 500 meters...shooters,and spotters----match is 40 targets,10 at each yardage.---------------Check the NMLRA listing for the shoot dates---enjoyable to watch---and I plan on starting shooting some of the matches before summer ends..-----At 71yo,I need a new hobby--lol

I have a Pedersoli Sharps 45-70, and a C.Sharps 40-70---still gathering all the bells and whistles.
    Tallend

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Something I have always been interested in. I think the closest for me is in Defiance, OH. They shoot out to 500 yards. I know some old guys that do it. They keep asking me to join them but I don't have a rifle. Maybe someday.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I have the arms but not the opportunity (yet) -
    Spencer rifle in 56-56
    Sharps (Italian) in .54 paper cartridge
    Smith (also Italian) in .50

Have done live fire with the Smith and Sharps, but not for accuracy. Not used the Spencer yet, but I have 25 rounds prepared (.534 cast lead on cut down 50-70 Gov't centerfire case)

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Are there any BPC shooters here?-----I have watched them shooting the "Buffalo Rifles" at Friendship,In.-----metal targets at 200,300,385,and 500 meters...shooters,and spotters----match is 40 targets,10 at each yardage.---------------Check the NMLRA listing for the shoot dates---enjoyable to watch---and I plan on starting shooting some of the matches before summer ends..-----At 71yo,I need a new hobby--lol

I have a Pedersoli Sharps 45-70, and a C.Sharps 40-70---still gathering all the bells and whistles.
    Tallend

Nice, I have an 1883 Springfield Trapdoor I need to take out someday. Picked up some substitute black powder cartridges because they were on sale and so I would have brass to reload.

Top Bottom