Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    That doesn't look too bad. Haven't really looked into it. One thing that drew me to the Mossberg was it seemed relatively decently reviewed for the price and the plethora of accessories if I ever got bored with it being stock. I do like that extra capacity though!

I just picked up that same Maverick 88 a few months ago. $225 out the door at the last Indy 1500.

It's basically a Mossberg 500 and takes all the same accessories with a few minor exceptions. The safety is under the trigger guard on the 88, not on the buttstock. The trigger assembly is polymer, not aluminum, like the 500. (You can't swap it out because of the safety location). Also the pump on the Maverick is attached to the rails, so you can't put a 500 aftermarket pump on it.

Other than that it's totally solid and takes 500 barrels and stocks. A great shotgun for the price.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I just picked up that same Maverick 88 a few months ago. $225 out the door at the last Indy 1500.

It's basically a Mossberg 500 and takes all the same accessories with a few minor exceptions. The safety is under the trigger guard on the 88, not on the buttstock. The trigger assembly is polymer, not aluminum, like the 500. (You can't swap it out because of the safety location). Also the pump on the Maverick is attached to the rails, so you can't put a 500 aftermarket pump on it.

Other than that it's totally solid and takes 500 barrels and stocks. A great shotgun for the price.

The forend can actually be modified to take 500 forends as well. If I could do it all over again, I would have kept it the way it came, as opposed to putting a different stock and forend on it like I did. I wanted to tacticool it, and ended up making it worse (IMO). But for $200, you can't really beat it.

PS- I have had an 18.5" and a 20" shotgun. You don't notice the extra 1.5" (thats what she said).

d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    gander mountain has seen theirs yesterday but I did not think there was very many good deals ( good for their usual prices but average at most reputable gun shops)

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    palmetto State Armory made a very big thing of Black Friday last year and had a bunch of good deals. In fact they released deals for the whole week leading up to it.

Anybody know what they are doing this year?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    palmetto State Armory made a very big thing of Black Friday last year and had a bunch of good deals. In fact they released deals for the whole week leading up to it.

Anybody know what they are doing this year?

Supposedly doing the same thing this year. I can't wait!

Dss21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Did anybody notice that the Ruger 10/22 on page 4 of the Dick's black Friday add appears to be a 10/22 magnum not a standard .22LR. It has the machined notches on top of the receiver for the Ruger rings and what looks like to me to be the larger ejection port.

Top Bottom