• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The most likely threat to out national security/soveriegnty is...

• Total voters

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    The fact that This is no longer the country Most of us grew up in. When certain people believe that If you are a Constitutionalist you are a terrorist! WOOOOOO Man back up here Those power hungry people wouldn't be in power without that Piece of paper and the blood that has defended it all these years. "All that is required for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing! " Edmund Burke "Wesa in some deep poodoo" Jar Jar Binks

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    The fact that This is no longer the country Most of us grew up in. When certain people believe that If you are a Constitutionalist you are a terrorist! WOOOOOO Man back up here Those power hungry people wouldn't be in power without that Piece of paper and the blood that has defended it all these years. "All that is required for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing! " Edmund Burke "Wesa in some deep poodoo" Jar Jar Binks

And this. I am still pretty young but this isn't the country i knew growing up.

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    I don't think it'll be either debt nor terroism, it will be a shortage of resources and global pandemic due to overpopulation. The Earth's population has grown expenentialy in the last century. Our planet cannot keep up with the demand for resources. Hyperinflation will follow due to lack of water, food, fuel, etc.. We are in short our own problem.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Other. Severe and extended bacon shortage.

:bacondance:

128814653161783762.jpg

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Sorry I got tangental. The biggest Threat is Terrorism But not from "Radicals" from Greed. Of course they fund the radicals or whoever to get their objective completed. So greed that feeds terrorism. And since I am hitting the Quotes today, "United We Stand, Divided We Fall" Aesop, Patrick Henry, Me

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    I think greed is always there and most of the time it is good. No one I know would turn down a raise from their employer, or take a lower paying more difficult job offer over an easier one.

Its bad when someone who is greedy has no morals.

Its worse when they are greedy, have no morals and are ambitious.

Its earth shattering however when they are greedy,have no morals, are ambitious, and operate within a croney system of a government without constitutional limits on its power.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    The biggest threat is a weakened Military and or weakened will to use it when necessary.

I'm telling you, our days are numbered. China and Russia are not our friends, both have aspirations of world domination and either one the other or both will probably initiate a first strike. Why? We're the only nation who could realistically stand in their way. Add to this the hatred that the Muslim world has for Israel. The US is also seen as a stopper to "pushing Israel into the sea." A large portion of the world would love to see us out of the picture. Here's how it will likely go down:
    First, major strike on our power grid(s), with coordinated attacks on our comm and military satellites as they are able, followed by an overwhelming ICBM attack from the sea, up over the top (North pole) and other land based sites. With the satellites down and power grid down, the powers that be will be stunned and maybe not even trust the early warning. But even if they did .... who would they hit. We'd just sit and take it. Poof ... instant 3rd world status.

images

That's why no one can realistically find the United States in the "End Times" prophecy in the Bible.... we technically will be a non-issue.
    So we sit back and let Iran become a nuclear power, while our comma nder in chief talks about reducing our nuclear arsenal. Lovely.

So that's my honest opinion of the coming SHTF scenario. There will effectively be no USA. We'll be glowing hot for decades but those with stockpiles of food and weapons will do somewhat better.

China is the sleeping giant my friends. They're not our buddies.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    The biggest threat is a weakened Military and or weakened will to use it when necessary.

I'm telling you, our days are numbered. China and Russia are not our friends, both have aspirations of world domination and either one the other or both will probably initiate a first strike.

China is the sleeping giant my friends. They're not our buddies.
    If I am not your buddy, does that make me your enemy bent on your destruction?

I question where you get the idea that either China or Russia have any global plans whatsoever. Regional political hegemony maybe, and a greater impact on trade, but domination? The Russians in particular can be under no illusions that their economy could bear another arms race with the West. As for China, the US has had the 7th Fleet stationed on their doorstep for over 50 years. What would your opinion be if Chinese bases ringed the US? If you haven't noticed, they're a bit preoccupied with separatist movements in Tibet and Xinjiang to start sending their forces overseas. That and a fragile export economy tied at the hip to the US.

Not to debate, but if we (USA) were not "over there", then who would be "over there?" Or should we just leave, and let nature take its course? I don't want to change your mind, but just get your opinion. Thanks.
    In 1947 we were concerned that the Soviet Union, like an overflowing lake, would expand everywhere if we didn't contain it. So we made defense commitments around the world. Basically we provide defense on the cheap for allies who could afford now to foot a greater part of the bill.
    We have a truly awesome military, yet every election cycle we engage in the same old hand-wringing about needing to spend more and more.
    Great Britain eventually had to scale back its empire, and they were at least extracting relatively one-sided trade benefits from the colonies.
    Also we've had our fingers in the pie in many nations' development, post WWII, which has led to us striking bargains with some pretty unsavory 'allies', in order to counter the Soviets.
    Oddly enough the US was once a revolutionary power, but we now seem to have made our peace with the European old boys network. I think our Founding Fathers would be disappointed at the degree of American foreign entanglement.
    I just don't see America being able to continue to afford unlimited power projection, even supposing there is a need for some in the wake of the fall of the Soviet Union. But we can't continue to fight everyone's wars for them and get nothing in return.
    That doesn't mean we can't be engaged politically, or that we shouldn't be involved in some foreign affairs. :twocents:

Last edited:

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Unchecked illegal immigration. The fastest growing part of our population doesn't give a **** about being an American and our politicians are bending over to give them all of our benefits. They mulitply like rabbits and their allegiance is across the border. Their supporters have enough votes to scare the pols from doing the right thing even if they want to.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    What a great thread. I believe it's neither, we're far from it. Though if I had to pick one of the two it'd be national debt. Greece has had an economic collapse. When the "people" have lost all hope for their country and their "well being" this is what happens. Greece is currently having violent riots and protests. I believe our economy is picking up, slowly but surely. Uncle Sam realizes the fact that he's picking the lent out of his pockets, but just doesn't understand that the "all mighty dollar" isn't what it once was. How far can we raise our debt ceiling before other countries think it's a joke?

I'm young, so I'm not at all wise. Though I think our security threat is my generation. I'm afraid my generation has forgot what our fathers and grandfathers worked so hard for. I think I'll be very supprised to see who from my generation becomes president and politicians. This goes hand and hand with progression. Which I believe has slowed down greatly. I don't like to get all political, though most of my generation seems to be more liberal. I myself am conservative. My generation doesn't seem motivated, educated and hard-working as my fathers and grandfathers. JMHO

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    I vote the elites running our nation.

Rome didn't fall from the outside nasty elites destroyed it from within

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Other: Energy.

Total lack of Nuke energy plants on the 30 year horizon. I am influenced by a contract I worked in 2008 for Entergy but math is math. The math then had not inlcuded the "O" factor so I am sure it is worse now.

Top Bottom