• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Not really that big of a bore but it's a 44 Special CA with Buffalo Bore anti-personnel 200gr hard cast wadcutters @ 1000fps / ME 440 ft.lbs.

Attachments

• 20210303_175627.jpg
      20210303_175627.jpg
      2.6 MB · Views: 6

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Portability is important to me in a handgun. Hence the 329PD and 69 Snubby.
    53474762343_ed6e0319d4_b_d.jpg

I've also got a pair of Blackhawks. Top one is the big bore....45 Colt/ACP Convertible new model. The bottom one is an unconverted .357 3-Screw.

51745739586_8640d103c3_o_d.jpg

45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really like the idea of a .45 Colt snubby! How does yours shoot?
    Well, maybe it was just me, but I found it shooting low, so filed down the front sight some, right about to the yellow line here:
    1706543192288.png

Also, it has a bit of slop in the lockup and I noticed the cylinder stop looked like it had been mangled, so sent it back to Charter Arms. CA did some work on it but did not change out the cylinder stop. It works but I am a bit disappointed with CA. It fires fine and the chamber lines up with the barrel, but you can twist it enough that if you held it in that position I suspect it would shave lead.

One positive is CA had the gun back to me in a week (LGS handled the shipping and receiving). I would not advise against a CA but you would do well to buy one off the shelf at the LGS and inspect it well first. That holds true of any gun though.

That said, I really like my Taurus 445 (.44 Special 5 shot):
    1706543427924.png

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Well, maybe it was just me, but I found it shooting low, so filed down the front sight some, right about to the yellow line here:
    View attachment 329084

Also, it has a bit of slop in the lockup and I noticed the cylinder stop looked like it had been mangled, so sent it back to Charter Arms. CA did some work on it but did not change out the cylinder stop. It works but I am a bit disappointed with CA. It fires fine and the chamber lines up with the barrel, but you can twist it enough that if you held it in that position I suspect it would shave lead.

One positive is CA had the gun back to me in a week (LGS handled the shipping and receiving). I would not advise against a CA but you would do well to buy one off the shelf at the LGS and inspect it well first. That holds true of any gun though.

That said, I really like my Taurus 445 (.44 Special 5 shot):
    View attachment 329085
    I got outbid on a Taurus 450 Titanium on gunbroker a few weeks back. They're few and far between, but they've always intrigued me. It's checks a lot of my boxes on paper, but I've had some bad experiences with Taurus in the past, and I'm only willing to go so high, especially when I can't handle and examine it in person first. If I found one in a local shop it would probably come home with me. There are so few options out there in that genre from any manufacturer.

Thanks for the info on the CA, too. It's good to know.

Top Bottom