Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    I saw quiet a bit knock off products at the show today
    Magpul MS3 slings, in a plain baggie
    Magpul sights. Similar packaging.
    Vltor EMod stocks. They looked and felt like the real thing only with out markings.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I guess you know you've "made it" in business when your products get counterfeited.

But it's just as it always is, if the deal is too good to be true, it probably is.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Be very careful when buying Magazines. Look at them and insure they are properly marked etc. I have been burned this way. Lesson learned.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    This is nothing new. There have been knockoffs at the 1500 for as long as I have been going.

Very true..

It was more a heads up for the newer guys. Pay attention to what you are buying..

I saw a vendor trying to pass off a P&S M-4 RAS unit as a Knights Armament unit yesterday. Granted P&S is the current contractor of the RAS and not sold for commercial sales, it was still advertised as a Knight's.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    At least it is not the Fake Mark 4 leopold's.

I mean a sling a mag a range bag or pans ect is one thing. those knock off's of the mark 4's were so good many past into lepold's repair center and people got leopold replacements before the company even got wise. Conterfit wise they were near perfect fakes on the outside.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Also look out for ammo that appears to be factory, open it up, it's Uncle Ruckuss' handloads... Had a lot of issues out at the range with customers and ammo that some trashbag vendor wouldn't let them inspect...

indygamerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Muncie
    I picked up an EOTech that I thought looked legitimate simply because I never owned one before (although I want one :P) with a price tag of 'ONLY' <insert high price for airsoft optic here, I don't remember what they were asking for it>.

So anyway I checked it out and saw no genuine EOTech serial / barcode that I've been told to look for. I knew it was a too good to be true thing and I'm glad I walked away. If I'm going to build an AR I want a REAL optic, not airsoft crap.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Also look out for ammo that appears to be factory, open it up, it's Uncle Ruckuss' handloads... Had a lot of issues out at the range with customers and ammo that some trashbag vendor wouldn't let them inspect...

Dare I ask if the vendor name is nameable? PM it to me if you could please.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    I seen a lot of grip pods for $50 not t be confused with the grip pod system that runs $100 minimum.

The Chicom knock off is plastic with no steel reinforcements in the legs. It will also sometimes have a short plastic rail on the side.

If you're paying $100 for a real G.P.S. your paying way too much. They start out around $40 on the secondary market and go up from there. I bought my new unit as surplus in the USGI package for $35.00 on ARFcom. That's the lowest I have ever found them.

Top Bottom