Best way to attached sling to shotgun buttstock?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central
    I got a Black Friday deal on a CZ 712 G2 shotgun two years ago from Midway USA. I love the gun and it runs extremely well. I added a mag extension and front rail all for less than $500 because I got the gun for such a good price. As long as I ensure the rounds are in the 1250 FPS range or higher it runs great. I have done two classes with it and multiple competitions. I would like to upgrade two things and need advice on the best routes.

First, there is currently no way to attach a sling to the rear. I added a rail to the magazine clamp so I have a QD mount for the front end but there are no studs or anything on the buttstock. Will a hollow plastic/synthetic stock hold a screw in sling stud? I would really like to mount attachment on the right hand side of stock so I can carry it on the front like an AR. Will it hold? I have also wondered about simply drilling hole all the way through the stock and running paracord through that I could then attach sling to. Alternatively are there any ready made straps/harnesses to do what I want?

Second, the receiver is not set up for a rear sight. No screw holes or rail. Is there any reason not to have someone drill and tap holes or better yet machine in a red dot mount like the new Mossberg 940?

Budget is a limitation obviously or I would simply have bought the Berretta 1301 (Mossberg 940 and new Berretta 300 are triple the price of my gun, so upgrading is not an option at the moment).

Thanks for any ideas or advice. I am also interested in gunsmiths in the central Indiana area (I live in Boone County) to do the work.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I like that solution and hope they come back in stock soon.

In the meantime, I use a strap with a D-ring for the buttstock and a gg&g mount on the mag tube. Here's the link to the cheap strap(that I'll replace with the qd in the above post):Kosse 2 Pack Tactical Gun Sling, Universal Adjustable Gun Sling D Ring Loop Nylon Shoulder Strap for Hunting, Shooting and Outdoors - Camo https://a.co/d/7RpmLue

Also for the red dot I have this: Monstrum Micro Red Dot Mount for Mossberg 500/535/590/835/Shockwave Series Shotguns https://a.co/d/i5xPgVh

I've not yet tapped the receiver for that.

Also, Numrich has this in stock and is pretty sweet. Easy to install and probably the best mod for my cheap little 712 g2 utility. https://www.gunpartscorp.com/produc...notifyme&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=630730

Top Bottom