• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    My daughter and S-I-L are moving to the Indy area late this spring. What are the better school systems in the Fisher Carmel areas? Kids are 1st thru 8th grades.

Jndturner317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Noblesville
    When we moved here 12 years ago this was a major factor for us. We looked at the Good School ratings and most of the schools on the North and Northwest side are pretty good. I’ve gotten to know parents from most of the towns and they all seem pleased with most of the schools from including HSE, Fishers, Carmel, Noblesville and Zionsville. I was told by a former colleague that his kids had to play catch up at Purdue due to going to one of the smaller schools in Hamilton County

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    My kids all went thru the accelerated program in Noblesville. I have nothing but good things to say about the program and the school system, but that was a few years back as they are all between 32 and 40 years old now.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    Fishers, Noblesville, HSE are NorthEast not northwest side. Our kids and others I know all went to HSE and we have no real complaints about them. My niece lives in Westfield with a daughter in 8th grade and both Mom and Daughter hate the school district but I have no real experience with it.

Jndturner317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Noblesville
    My kids all went thru the accelerated program in Noblesville. I have nothing but good things to say about the program and the school system, but that was a few years back as they are all between 32 and 40 years old now.
    I’ve got two in Noblesville schools currently. The 7th grader dislikes school but that is her personality and a side effect of the Covid shutdown. Our Sophomore is okay with the high school. The education seems to be good. Both are in the advanced program

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Wife taught at HSE for almost 20 years. Took a pay cut to take a job in a very small Boone county school system. She's much happier and isn't required to read "Ashamed to be white" or some other such nonsense that she was forced to read at HSE. If you like DEI schools, HSE and Carmel are definitely getting there. They may not talk about it, but the teachers are being forced into it.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    The school system in Zionsville is horrible. Please tell them NOT to move here.
    Between 2012 and 2018 Zionsville seemed to fall off a cliff, at least if my children are any example.

The school system extorted the parents to approve a referendum by cutting core stem courses before elective and artsy ones while my daughter was still in Middle School.

Of course you cannot discern how much of the difference between your children is years and social circles, but my daughter came out of zionsville far more liberal than my son.

At this point I believe a parent has few options other than a carefully chosen parochial education, or homeschooling. There may be some charter schools that are not socially shaping our children and are actually teaching history and respect for the United States of America. I suspect they are few and far between however.

Choose wisely, research carefully not only the school but it's leadership and even individual teachers.

Last edited:

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    So I'm a bit confused. Thread title says "Northwest" but question mentions Fishers. One of these things is not like the other.
    I should have worded the title a little better. Started the thread and then finished it an hour later.

My S-I-L will be working on the west side of the airport, he wants to live in Fishers or Carmel and my daughter works as an NP in a gastrointestinal clinic (currently Illinois) and she was hoping to be in the northwest area.

We do have family that live in Zionsville and didn't think of asking them until just now.

Top Bottom