Best range for Sporting Clay in Central IN?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andrew68

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    A group of friends and I are getting together to go shoot Sporting Clays on Oct 12. One had mentioned the Indiana Gun Club in Fortville/Fishers, but when I looked on Google maps it looked like it was a wide open range. Years ago, 15 maybe I went with some people up north, but I can't remember if it was the one in Kokomo or near Lafayette. Maybe it is not even open anymore, but it had each station out in the woods and it was a lot of fun. I specifically remember a grouse station that was in a "lane" in the woods that couldn't have been more than 7-8 yards deep and the birds were zipping by from left to right. I wish now that I could remember where that was. I need to go more than once every 15 years! I also need to call ahead and make sure there is open shooting.

Any suggestions where to go? Thanks!

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Indiana Gun Club does have a sporting clays course of sorts. I have not shot recently but last time I did it was kind of a combination of 5 stand and sporting clays. Still fun but the "clay snob" (if there is such a thing) might not like it.

pdg45acp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Kokomo
    Howard County Izaak Walton League.

44 acres of Sporting Clays.

2629 S 200 E Kokomo IN 46902

Probably the best in the state.

BoilerMakerME

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Old Trails...which is south of Richmond does a shoot the first saturday of every month from April thru October, except July.
    http://www.otrpc.com/
    This saturday is the last one of the year, first round starts at 8am, second round at i think 10:30am. It's a very interesting course with about of of the stations in the woods. Club sits on 40 acres in a small valley. It's $15 for 50clays, which is one round.
    I've also heard Tri-couny coon hunters is a really nice course, down by batesville. There's a nice course over by middletown,OH, and a place called i think Elk Creek in northern Kentucky, but that's a little ways out of the way.

lubemupski

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    Fishers
    Yep, am going to have to agree with those that said Kokomo. They consistently throw great birds and rarely have any issues with the throwers. Beautiful walk through the woods and they change the course almost weekly.

Outside of Kokomo, Coonhunters in Batesville has a monthly shoot the 4th Sunday of every month and it is also very good. Heavily wooded with some nice elevation changes.

You may also want to check out the map a friend of mine put together: The Sporting Clays Map

Top Bottom