• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ileus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2014
    United States
    I'm in the process of building an AR-15 and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for places to go shoot it. I live in the Indy downtown area, and it seems that most places are a fair drive, but I have been having some difficulty finding places that (1.) allow shooting centerfire rifles (2.) allow for shooting faster than 1 round per second and (3.) have a range larger than 100 yds.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to find a good range with long distance, or have suggestions on a gun club that I should consider joining? I think I'll try atterbury first, but they do not allow rapid fire and their range is only 100 yds.

Thanks

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    what you are looking for is not available near indy. more than 100yrds is really your killer requirement. a quick search of INGO would of turned up lots of threads on this very subject.

HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    As Westside said, that range unfortunately doesn't exist. I long for it on cold nights.

Beech Grove is a short range, but it does allow .223. Atterbury is a 45 minute drive but it does have a 100 yard range. Not a whole lot of options in central Indiana.

ileus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2014
    United States
    Hmm. Well if there aren't any nearby ranges with >100 yard ranges, are there any that just allow for rapid fire and centerfire rounds, or any gun clubs that one should consider joining? Appreciate the help.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Atlanta conservation club would be my first choice. for an outdoor range. I am not a member so I can't give many details. I know they allow rifle and rapid fire.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I'm in the process of building an AR-15 and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for places to go shoot it. I live in the Indy downtown area, and it seems that most places are a fair drive, but I have been having some difficulty finding places that (1.) allow shooting centerfire rifles (2.) allow for shooting faster than 1 round per second and (3.) have a range larger than 100 yds.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to find a good range with long distance, or have suggestions on a gun club that I should consider joining? I think I'll try atterbury first, but they do not allow rapid fire and their range is only 100 yds.

Thanks

Just gotta hit Atterbury at the right time. My group and I were the only ones there one recent day, and we were rolling all over the place shooting and dumping mags like chili afterburn. Was actually a good day to practice some cool drills. Thats like a diamond in the rough at that place though haha.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    How far are you willing to travel? If 45 min is ok look up proteq which is just outside of Brazil. Can shoot out to 200 yards but is a smaller range with only one lane for each distance and only 2 bench spots.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    It is a work in progress with no completion date because it is being done by volunteers, but Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club in Markleville is building a 200 yard range. It's not too far from Indy.

Coumtryflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 2, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Anyone been out to wider Creek in Newcastle? Love that it's free, but it's a long drive for me. How is it as far as busy, is there a place to grab a snack or drink close? It would be an all day trip for us, just wondering if we need to bring all our food and drinks as well as the guns and ammo.

Top Bottom