• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    In the Indy area, anyone know who has the best prices on ground beef? My wife and I need to stock up...

And while I'm at it, how about bird seed? I'd like to pick up a couple hundred pounds of it for my mom. (TSC? Rural King? Walmart?)

Thanks folks!

-J-

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    In the Indy area, anyone know who has the best prices on ground beef? My wife and I need to stock up...

And while I'm at it, how about bird seed? I'd like to pick up a couple hundred pounds of it for my mom. (TSC? Rural King? Walmart?)

Thanks folks!

-J-

I'd buy it in bulk rolls at Kroger when on sale. 1, 3 or 5 lb rolls are available.

Bird seed was much cheaper at Rural King but when corn went up the seed rose in price exponentially. Corn is down to 3.01 a bushel from 7+. I bought three ton 2 weeks ago for 3.40 a bushel. Buy cracked corn at the elevator and mix it with sunflower seed and mix your own. The elevator will bag it for you just buy several 100 lbs at a time.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Looks like we'll go krogering!!!

Wifey actually brought home 1lb last night, from O'Mallia's (is that how you spell it?) for like $2.10/lb or something. I thought it was a decent buy...

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    :yesway:

Thanks folks!

-J-

If you don't mind coming to Mooresville, the Value Market is great. Currently on sale for 1.68lb on a 5lb purchase. Nothing like a small home town store with a great meat shop.:thumbsup:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    :yesway:

If you don't mind coming to Mooresville, the Value Market is great. Currently on sale for 1.68lb on a 5lb purchase. Nothing like a small home town store with a great meat shop.:thumbsup:

Heck no I don't mind coming to Mooresville! I like when I can turn it into a swing by AAC and Bradis. :thumbsup:

Where is Value Market?

and is this 5lbs all together in one package, or "5lb minimum" to get the sale price?

-J-

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Do they give a fat content on these? i like meat up in the 90+%(non-fat) range, but obivously it costs more. My logic is that you only eat the meat so only pay for meat.

flame suit ready for posts about not eating grease and/or fat.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Heck no I don't mind coming to Mooresville! I like when I can turn it into a swing by AAC and Bradis. :thumbsup:

Where is Value Market?

and is this 5lbs all together in one package, or "5lb minimum" to get the sale price?

-J-
    1/2 mile west of the intersection of 67 and 144, on the south side of the road. If you pass Red Barrel Liquors on the right (north side) you've went
    a half block to far.

I do believe it's all in 1 package, but does not hurt to ask if you get it in multiple packages.

Just Google Value Market Mooresville, IN and it'll give you a map for it.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Anyone in Northcentral Indiana, Viking Foods in Akron has a great meat department. Dave will give you a great price for some great meat. Will sale in bulk, just talk to him. He does not sale hamburger, just ground chuck or ground round. Great meat and great price. Really a nice upstanding guy to deal with. Lots of good package deals as well.

Top Bottom