• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I've been so busy with other projects for the last 18 months or so that I haven't had any time for shooting, and thus, reloading. I'm hoping to do so this summer in spite of the prices, so I've been going through my presses and doing maintenance to get ready, and it's been eye opening. The best space for my reloading bench is out in my (non-climate controlled) garage, and I'm wondering what I should do to mitigate potential issues going forward.

I keep my dies in plastic tubs with lids, but several of them are showing spot-rust. Annoying, but I can throw some dessicant packs in there and hopefully resolve that.

My LoadMaster seems in pretty decent shape after I went through and cleaned it up, but I ended up having to order a case feed slider because it snapped. Not sure if the plastic got messed up being out in the weather, or if it was due to lack of lubrication. NBD, it looks like Lee has come out with a new version, anyway, so I've got one of those one the way.

Any tips or tricks, other than moving everything indoors? I actually do like my setup fairly well out in the garage, but I recognize it's probably not the ideal environment.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Spray any non painted surfaces with Ballistol. It's an good rust preventative that cleans off when you get started again.

Dave A

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Hancock Co.
    I agree if Leadeye. After the press has been cleaned put a towel around it. Clean your dies and case prep tools after using and put all of them in a tote and store in the house.

Top Bottom