4487CZ_Motivator_zpsyufbgiv0.jpg

What the Colonel said.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    all good ideas and I can get to the Brownsburg area whenever it is good for you and bring ammo as well. I do know it is what is best for me that makes it best. Might not be the best for you. If I were looking for absolutes I would read my Bible and forget anything this world has to offer. :) training is an option as well
    Do you know where Parabellum is in Avon? We could meet there one day. PM me your thoughts on when.
    Dan

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    So basically what the OP means is... "Glock is the best, but I'd like some opinions on other choices..."

If I could not carry a Glock 19, the Walther PPQ would definitely be my 2nd choice.
    3rd choice, probably a CZ75 compact.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Another vote for FN but I vote FNP 9 because that's what I have, very similar to FNX (hammer fired)

All metal gotta go with CZ 75 family

Striker fired - no recommendation. Didn't like them and got rid of the only two I ever had

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Ruger SR9 and Beretta M9 (carried one of those in the Army..had to buy one of my own)

Whatever you decide, get it before the November election.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Zy5BVjEh.jpg

These are my picks based on different types of operating systems

SAO: Dan Wesson Point Man 9mm

Striker Fired: Sig P320

DA / SA: Sig P226 Legion

Saber

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Big Walther fan here. They are the most ergonomic in my average size hands and very high quality.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Thanks folks, lots to consider and little time to do it if done prior to the election.

If you really want to see what I am selling off, Carson Arms can be called or visited here in Terre Haute. I still have long guns to get over there but they should be there by week's end. Why? I want to get down to a few calibers only rather than every caliber under the sun and I mean that, I have foreign guns and their caliber and some that are only made by specialty outfits and my reloading. I am tired and want things simple.

I actually have rather large hands but I can always get larger grips.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, here is what I have decided. I already own a Sig 320 & 250 in 9mm along with the 40 and 357 sig for one so the barrels will exchange though not the slides. I admit to a certain fondness for Sig Sauer weapons so I will likely keep these since one is a hammer and the other is striker fired. My Ruger 9E has been a wonderful weapon so for now I guess I have three... eventually going for one or maybe two but for now... the Sigs also allow me to get rid of some of the ammo I have rather than looking around to sell it at a stupid loss which seems how it goes. I suppose I will stay with these until the election and see how things go. In the meantime I have already moved a LOT of revolvers and some pistols to Carson Arms. Go see what you might want to add to your collect. :)

I HATE GLOCKS!! I understand why people keep bringing them up but the answer is NO. :):

tomylee0123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Lafayette
    Look, I have a Ruger 9E and I am pretty happy but I would like to get myself the best handgun, full sized, I can find. I don't really like Glocks, they feel wrong in my hand and I have tried them before, even owned them, even the newest ones (though only held them in the LGS and not fired) and I just don't like the way they feel in my hands. That said I will surely be told to buy a Glock by people. I won't but you can say it is so, for you without repercussion from me.

I sort of think I want one of the Sig-Sauers that are higher end. Nothing decided yet. I want to hear what make/model and why so I can get things rolling. I am selling off the bulk of my collection so I can have a few calibers rather than every caliber I have ever heard of, just too tired and want to get back to basics for all sorts of reasons. Not wanting to have to keep a lot of ammo of different calibers for one, tired of reloading all the calibers. I just want to round it off the the keepers, at least for me so please make your opinions known.

Thanks INGO! :ingo:

Sigs are nice guns and they are considered cadilac of guns. I have a few myself but I dont carry any Sig since they are a little heavy for me. I like HK especially the USP compact and P30 because they are super light and very accurate. HK P30 is an EDC for me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom