• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    I've been searching for a decent price on a Ruger rimfire, but havn't had much luck. I've heard people talking about getting a MKi or MKii for $200 and under, but I have yet to see one locally for under 300. I've been meaning to check out the pawn shops, but I've never had much luck finding anything quality in the past.

Anybody mind steering me in a direction? :dunno:

I'm in the Indianapolis area.

m2hoss

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    Indy area
    Howdy! I was looking around for the same thing just prior o the indy 1500 last month. I ended up with a mkIII 22/45 with a 5.5" blued bull barrel from Plainfield Shooting Supplies there for $249 (should be hesme price in store). They had a mkIII hunter with the 6 7/8" stainless fluted barrel for like $379 (pretty sure). There were a few mkII's floating around there, but definetly not under $200. Personally I thought the grip had a funky, uncomfortable angle on the steel frame rugers. The 22/45 points good and I've read people talking bad about the trigger on them, Ieven thought it felt weird dry firing it, but when I was shooting, it felt crisp and I was dead on.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    There are a few on Gun Broker, but you have to add about $75 to anything you buy there by the time you pay shipping from them to your FFL, and then a transfer to your FFL.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I saw some at Beech Grove Firearms a week ago but did not check the prices. I am looking for a Mk II 512 Bull Barrel and there was not one there so I did not price the others.

Told by someone on this site to check out Bradis in Camby.

Also saw some in Meadows Gun Shop in Hagerstown, Indiana last Friday. Call him and ask what he has if you don't want to take a drive, 765-489-5614, they are open noon to six on Saturday.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    The Mk II seems to be commanding a higher price this year. I bought two Stainless Mk II Competition Targets w/slab sides this year. First one is scoped up and has two mags and I paid $400. Second one is without scope and rings but comes with the scope base and I paid $300.

I think people like them better than the MK III because of the new "safe features" on the MK III.

If you find a nice MK II for less than $300, it is probably a good buy. I am talking strictly the Target Models with Bull barrels not the tapered barrels.

Top Bottom