• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    Price is not a hindrance. Looking at for a graduation for myself after my second completed boot camp. (Air Force 6.5 years/transferring to Army National Guard)

Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    This thread is subjective in nature, I understand that. Just wanted to hear some different views on 1911's. Only criteria is awesomeness and American made

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Price is not a hindrance. Looking at for a graduation for myself after my second completed boot camp. (Air Force 6.5 years/transferring to Army National Guard)

"second completed boot camp"? If you've completed basic training in the Air Force, you don't have to go through Army basic training, too (unless they've changed the rules).

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I really like Dan Wesson 1911's.

I've only shot 2, but that was enough to sell me on a Valor if I ever have the funds at the right time and place.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If price is really not an issue and you don't mind dropping a bit over $5k on a pistol, look at the Wilson Combat Super Grade lineup.

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    Having 2 Wilson's of my own, I might be a little biased toward them...they are nice guns. But I have been lusting after the Ed Brown Signature model as of late...

Mark

Tandem160

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Colt, Kimber, Les Baer, Wilson.. All top shelf. There's a nice "Airman" Randlall knife in the classified section, go lower end on any of these and accessorize!!!

cfl4rat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Rosstucky
    I have a Dan Wesson ECO and imo is probably one of the best quality 1911's for the price. But when i have 3K to drop on a 1911 it will be on a Ed Brown Kobra Carry Lightweight finished in their Stealth Gray used on their Special Forces model.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I like Wilson, and have a few of them. Absolutely top notch. If money truly is "no object" then I think I'd call a few of the truly "one-off" custom master builders and engage the one you establish the best rapport with.

Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    "second completed boot camp"? If you've completed basic training in the Air Force, you don't have to go through Army basic training, too (unless they've changed the rules).
    yep they changed the rules, January 2011 I believe. The Army only recognizes special forces training, Marine boot camp, or Army training with less than 3 yr break in service. So under the current rules if someone seperates from the Army but rejoins after 3 yr and 1 month they will have to reaccomplish boot camp. crazy. oh well, going to basic in February as an E-5, thus the graduation present agenda.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    yep they changed the rules, January 2011 I believe. The Army only recognizes special forces training, Marine boot camp, or Army training with less than 3 yr break in service. So under the current rules if someone seperates from the Army but rejoins after 3 yr and 1 month they will have to reaccomplish boot camp. crazy. oh well, going to basic in February as an E-5, thus the graduation present agenda.

Is that right? Boy, oh boy. Another "cost-saving", huh? "If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is."

Just as a point of interest, did you know that guys enlisting in the National Guard prior to 1963 didn't even go to basic training and AIT? They received all of their training OJT-style with their unit. A program was initiated in 1963 called "Reserve Enlistment Program '63" which mandated that all RC enlistees complete RA basic and AIT. They were commonly referred to as "REP-63 trainees". It was only 7 or 8 years ago that the last fellow in my unit (a CW5) retired who had not gone to basic training.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom