• Which binoculars?

• Total voters

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    My Stepson was issued Stiener when he was a SF guy in Afghanistan and swears by them. So much that I shelled out what I thought was pretty big bucks (north of $1K) for a pair and love them. They replaced my Nikon which replaced my Bushnell which replaced my Pentax. So far I have zero complaints in any lighting condition.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I researched for about 3 months before buying and ended up with the 10x42 VanGuards and absolutely love them!

They hands down offer the best low light of any binoculars out there, when I go hog hunting in Texas all I need is the moonlight and when looking through the binoculars there is more light then the naked eye.

I would hands down order another pair and think nothing of it or even research another brand.

Another plus for $250 binoculars is you can beat on them and not be butthurt over tearing up or abusing your $3000 high end binoculars.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd prefer to get a nice $300 gun and utilize it to make someone bring the objects closer to you so that you don't need binoculars... But you still get to have a nice gun.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    One thing I did do after I bought mine and still had droughts was take them to bass pro and gander mountain and compare them side by side against the others, I only found the $1800 Swarovski to be more crisp but I will loose just a hair of crispness and lose the great dust covers for the price.

The vanguard dust covers are pretty cheap rubber, not a deal breaker for me but it is what it is.

dmbowditch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2013
    Leupold fan here. Can usually find the BX-2 or BX-3 models on sale in this price range.

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Kind late to the party, but this guy has a lot of interesting info on choosing binoculars, what's good in a given price range, etc:

The Best Binoculars & Binocular Reviews Website

I have gotten some GREAT deals out of Botach, but I have also gotten some really CRUMMY service, especially if I had to send exchange or return something. Have not gone back to them in a few years now.

Top Bottom