• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I had a savage mark fv-sr that I used the wolf match ammo in and dinged steel a couple of times at 300 yards with it. I regret ever selling that gun and I'll probably be buying a new replacement soon and buying that same ammo again. When I want precision at a reasonable cost I go with the Wolf match, when I want cheap functional bulk ammo it's federal bulk packs.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    With .22 rifles and pistols, I've found that one size doesn't fit all. They usually have their preference for a certain brand and sometime lot within a brand. That being said, CCI Standard does seem to shoot well in a wide variety of guns.

Modhydro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Another option

I use Aguila Match and Aguila Target Pistol. I have had better accuracy with that over the CCI in most everything I shoot both pistol and rifle. The outlier is my old Marlin 39 that loves the Remington bulk pack "Golden Bullets." I get the Aguila stuff from cheaper than dirt. Give it a try and see what you think. The fun part with this is all the shooting to get to your answer!

Steve

smccabe17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    CCI Mini Mags are my preferred, then any standard of high velocity CCI, and if not available Winchester rounds have worked for me.

All remmingtons have been very poor.

Used in Savage MKII and 10/22s

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I like CCI SV also, very accurate in about anything, and much easier on the pistols. That is all I have ever shot in my S&W 41 pistols, and my High Standard pistols. If you shoot high velocity ammo in a HS military grip pistol, after a while it will crack the frame, guaranteed

Dave.

Top Bottom