Beretta Pico... has anyone seen one in person yet? (not at the Shot Show)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I've been contemplating a deep conceal carry micro .380 and I've been waiting to get my hands on a Pico before I make my decision... but where the hell are they? Its been a year....

I search around the internet and nothing says that they haven't been released... but if they have been released, they must have only produced 10 of them, because finding information on their whereabouts is like searching for a unicorn. So... has anybody bought,sold,touched,shot one of these things in the great state of Indiana?

Please share

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So... has anybody bought,sold,touched,shot one of these things in the great state of Indiana?

Not in Indiana, but I got to examine and fire one at an industry show in Texas back in January. I was not impressed. At the time, I was told they would start shipping in the 2nd quarter of 2014 (which apparently in Beretta-speak means "maybe someday")

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not in Indiana, but I got to examine and fire one at an industry show in Texas back in January. I was not impressed. At the time, I was told they would start shipping in the 2nd quarter of 2014 (which apparently in Beretta-speak means "maybe someday")

Wouldn't second quarter of 2014, start next month?

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Or a Colt Mustang. Or a Kahr P/CW380. Or a S&W Bodyguard. Or... :)
    Nope. I meant a sig p238. The colt mustang is what the sig was designed after, but it is more expensive. The trigger on the bodyguard sucks big time. I have no experience with the Kahr, but I have seen a few threads on here recently with people having issues with their Kahr. I meant what I said. Sig P238.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I could be mistaken but I took shooter521's comment to mean that ALL of those choices, including the sig p238, would be better choices than the pico.

I get the impression that he really doesn't care for it.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I appreciate the feedback... too bad it sounds like the Pico isn't going to be the magical pocket pistol I hoped for. I own a Rami and an XDs, but I don't consider either to truly be "pocket pistols"... at least not for summer pockets anyway. I've considered both the 238 and the 290... but I'm not sold on how great a pocket pistol the 238 would make given its profile and being SAO and the 290 while smaller than my XDs is almost the same weight.

If the 290 was the same weight of the 238, it'd be perfect... thats why I was hoping the Pico would be my savior. I just can't stand the triggers on the LCP... I don't know.

I hear that the Khars have good triggers, but I haven't had any exposure to them. Maybe I'll get lucky and CZ will make a DA/SA single stack Rami in .380 one day lol... maybe I'm just too damned picky

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I've carried my P238 in my pocket. No problems with the draw. I still prefer to carry it IWB on my hip though. I only pocket carry when I have to.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    This is one reason I've come to hate the role of the SHOT Show in our industry, and have started ignoring every piece of information I hear about it. Every gun that might, potentially, possibly (?) start shipping at some point during the 2014 calendar year, gets pulled backward and introduced at the 2014 SHOT Show, to create "buzz."

The purpose of that show is to generate massive "pre-orders" from distributors walking around with pockets full of cash. The gunmakers know those people are there, and want to make sure they spend their allotment with them, before they walk to another table and something else catches their eye. We retail-buying folks are the "little people," we are on the outside, and should just fuggedaboutit.

Similar to the situation with the Kahr CW380. I probably would have bought one by now, but they just aren't that common to see in LGS, and they've (supposedly) been "out" since SHOT show of _last_ year. If you want a reasonably-priced pocket .380 that doesn't have a "fumble switch" which must be operated before it can be brought into play, you'll either just have to settle for a Kel Tec or other similarly cheap option, or wait.

Last edited:

twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    I had been looking for a Pico before I just bought a cw3380 too. Funny thing is Cabela.com shows them available for sale. Not even a single review on youtube other than shot show vids

Top Bottom