• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rookie0014

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    kokomo
    just got a ber 92fs has anyone had trouble with the plastic guid rod just wondering if i sould go ahead and replace it now or leave it alone? this is not my carry gun just a plinker my carry gun is a Kimber pro tac 2. Thanks for any input

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It was a little weird for me, since I'd never seen a Beretta with polymer parts, but polymers have been well proven. I'm not worried about problems with mine, and it IS my carry gun.

Love the Berettas :)

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    It was a little weird for me, since I'd never seen a Beretta with polymer parts, but polymers have been well proven. I'm not worried about problems with mine, and it IS my carry gun.

Love the Berettas :)

same here, love to carry it. sorry to hijack a little but it is the meanest lookin gun to carry besides a deagle or something along those lines:ar15:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    We carried them in the service. Our guns had thousands of rounds through them, with no failures. If you want to replace it go for it, but there is no need too in terms of reliability. I personally love my 92FS. I also recommend getting some Hogue rubber finger grove grips. They make a big difference.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    We carried them in the service. Our guns had thousands of rounds through them, with no failures. If you want to replace it go for it, but there is no need too in terms of reliability. I personally love my 92FS. I also recommend getting some Hogue rubber finger grove grips. They make a big difference.

Did your military issue 92s have the plastic guide rod in them?? Ours still all have the metal guide rod.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    just got a ber 92fs has anyone had trouble with the plastic guid rod just wondering if i sould go ahead and replace it now or leave it alone? this is not my carry gun just a plinker my carry gun is a Kimber pro tac 2. Thanks for any input

I actually think it's an improvement over the 2-piece metal factory guide rods which were known to break where the 2 pieces joined.

The only issue is a few reports of the spring wearing down the rod, but if I had to bet I'd say those users were using wolff springs which sometimes are not clipped correctly from wolff (I've seen them make a mess of a steel rod, too).

-rvb

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian

:+1: x2

I have a link to the Beretta forum in my sig stony ;). Good information there for sure.

Top Bottom