• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    these are benchmade knives...but for that price there are better options for you that cost 1/5 of the price...look at spyderco, kershaw, the rat-1 folder, all or most are american made also.

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    these are benchmade knives...but for that price there are better options for you that cost 1/5 of the price...look at spyderco, kershaw, the rat-1 folder, all or most are american made also.

You're missing my entire point of my post. I appreciate the advice, but I have pleanty of Spyderco, Kershaw/ZT knives, in addition to tons of Benchmades... along with many many other brands. I am a collector, but I tend to collect things that speak to me.

I'm only asking because I want to hear from people who have purchased these knives, in addition to several other Benchmades and can comment on their build quality vs the standard Benchmade line.

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    I bought one of the hk for a gift last christmas and it seemed gerber like as far as quality. I got it for my 11 year old and he loves it. My other benchmades seem "better", that's only my opinion take it for what it is worth.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    How do they compare quality wise to actual Benchmades? I know the materials used are of a lesser quality, blade steel for example.. but some of them still intrigue me.

Two that are currently catching my eye are...

I'm a direct dealer with Benchmade and carry a few of the HD models in stock. Not all HD models use a lesser quality steel....the Hardtail models have D2 steel blades and are butter smooth (axis) in opening and closing. Some of the models as you have noted do use a lesser quality steel than the regular Benchmade line up, but no where close to being junk steel. The quality of these models (fit & finish, engineering) are still in par with the Benchmade quality that they are known for. :twocents:

Note: I can't comment on H&K models as I don't currently carry them in stock, but I suspect that their quality is pretty good from the simple reason that Benchmade makes them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom