• Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I care greatly when supposedly "pro-gun" places put up "anti-gun" policies. And I had actually planned to go to the show in Bedford (only 20 min away from me) until I saw their anti-gun notice. I try, whenever possible, to avoid places that show their disrespect toward the 2nd amendment by posting "no loaded guns" signs or similar.

I'm just shocked that supposedly "pro-gun" members here are blindly defending such anti-gun policies instead of trying through grassroots efforts to change them into pro-gun policies. There are easy avenues available to do such, but evidently people are ok with the anti-gun signs instead. :dunno:
    The 2nd amendment does not trump private property rights, it is only meant to prevent the GOVERNMENT from infringing on you firearm rights. Private property has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. You have the right not to attend.
    The 4th amendment protects your right against unreasonable search, but many venues search patrons for concerts, etc.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    The "insurance" is a red herring; it's the same excuse that other anti-gun businesses use regularly as to why they put up "no guns" signs. It's such a shame that many on here are backing up these anti-gun messages at gun shows instead of forcing them to change their anti-gun behavior.

These arguments are the common anti-gun tropes. And (though we all know that "banning" anything doesn't matter much), why not ban the bad behavior instead (e.g. the sign I linked above). Banning people from unholstering will have the same effect as banning all carry (honored by most people, ignored by idiots). But it won't punish those who follow the rules, and it won't be used by anti-gunners to ridicule us. (They've posted before showcasing how "dangerous" and "bad" guns are that even pro-gun events ban carry.)

Years ago, I helped push a gun range to take down their signs prohibiting CCW due to pressure from the pro-gun community. I also helped push a sporting goods retailer who sold guns through similar means. They also didn't want loaded carry b/c they sold holsters and other gun gear. They also took down the signs after they realized it was losing them too many customers. It's a darn shame that this anti-gun propaganda continues here at local shows. I've been to the NRA gun show / exhibits and they do not prohibit (loaded) carry.
    The NRA convention is not a "gun show". The NRA is also responsible for a lot of anti-gun policies, I'm surprised someone that claims to be such a supporter of the 2nd amendment would go to the NRA convention. I gave up my membership when I was around 19 or 20 and the NRA was advocating a law to raise the age to 21 to carry handguns. Yes, the NRA was literally trying to take away my rights to carry on PUBLIC PROPERTY!
    You apparently were not at the NRA convention when Trump was there and the secret service PROHIBITED PEOPLE FROM CARRYING at the NRA convention.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Actually you could carry at the convention that day. Just not the hall where Trump was speaking
    I'm just going from what I've heard, obviously I was not there. The point I was trying to make was that I figured xwing would boycott the convention if they were prohibiting carry at any part of the convention.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'm just going from what I've heard, obviously I was not there. The point I was trying to make was that I figured xwing would boycott the convention if they were prohibiting carry at any part of the convention.
    I get the point you were making

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Fortunately, this thread is giving the Bedford gun show a lot of free publicity. I'm sure that the sponsors won't miss just one person who was, "thinking on going"!:cool:

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Fortunately, this thread is giving the Bedford gun show a lot of free publicity. I'm sure that the sponsors won't miss just one person who was, "thinking on going"!:cool:
    There is also a hog show at the fair the fairgrounds this weekend. I don't think there will be any shortage of customers. It's also the largest gun show I've ever seen here, close to 200 tables. We used to use a row of chairs to divide the building because the back side was empty. This is the first time he had used the entire building (and the stage is gone as well). Big variety of vendors and products, especially for this show.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Was a nice gun show. Larger than most in the south-central Indiana area we have visited over the last several months.

Got a chance to stop by and say hello to Brian.

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Bedford, IN is having a gun show at the fair grounds May 5 and May 6th.
    The fair grounds are about 25 miles South of Bloomington, IN and about 14 miles North of Mitchell, IN
    I believe the radio said $6.00 to get in.
    Thanks for the heads up, I went today but didn't end up picking anything up unfortunately. Goid supply of ammo though

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I have not been to a single gun show in the last 20 years that did not ban loaded weapons in the show, yet SOMEHOW I have been at about a dozen shows where there was a NEGLIGENT discharge - both from customers, AND dealers
    Yea pretty much every one bans em but its kinda like an honor system. No one wonds you or pats you down so in theory you could just walk in with a cc

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    The NRA convention is not a "gun show". The NRA is also responsible for a lot of anti-gun policies, I'm surprised someone that claims to be such a supporter of the 2nd amendment would go to the NRA convention. I gave up my membership when I was around 19 or 20 and the NRA was advocating a law to raise the age to 21 to carry handguns. Yes, the NRA was literally trying to take away my rights to carry on PUBLIC PROPERTY!
    You apparently were not at the NRA convention when Trump was there and the secret service PROHIBITED PEOPLE FROM CARRYING at the NRA convention.

Nope. I was there on that day, and I carried all day. The NRA was very clear that it was the Secret Service , not the NRA, who banned carry, and that it was only banned in that one specific hall. The entire rest of the show was carry-friendly.

And I find it extremely hypocritical that you supposedly "support" carry yet shill around for venues who prohibit carry... The NRA sometimes strays from purity, but at least they don't support banning (loaded) guns at their events.

Top Bottom