• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SigSense

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    The article was fair, until I read this: "We train unlike any other federal agency," says A.T. Smith, an assistant director, who stands by while the trainees stencil their names on their T-shirts. "We train to the edge, and then we lean over."

Get a grip there A.T. Smith, your agents are just like every other fed LE. No more, no less.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Nope. Training includes psychological conditioning as well as physcical. Perhaps he mis-spoke but they are unique in their training r: psych work.

Yes & No.

They have the following in this order (1 & 2 are be flipped @ times)

1) You must pass a written test (test is the same for other fed agencies as well)
    2) You must pass a F2F interview
    3) You must pass a background check
    4) You must pass a 3 panel interview
    5) You go to basic training and must pass a PE exam & another written test
    6) You graduate and then spend 3 more months in DC for more training
    7) You spend the next 12 months at a field office working 12 hours days, 7 days a week.

At the Chicago FO the training is as such:

1) 2 weeks manning the 800 phone and coordinating investigations
    2) 2 weeks doing investigative work
    3) 2 weeks protecting I6BO's home
    4) 4 days off
    4) start all over

If you manage to stick around after 1 year you are off probation and work doing the above again for another 3 to 4 years. Year 5 you are going to DETAIL (protective service work) for 2 to 3 years. Then you can choose to go back to investigative work or start PSW for a while longer. Come presidential campaign time everyone is on PSW when the canidates are in your area. NO TIME OFF FOR ANYONE.

Now here is where the ticker is. Unlike other LE when you go to PSW there is some training on the fact that you must be willing to die for the office of the president. This is unlike any other position in the government. Yes soliders at times in conflict are willing to die for thier brothers in arms as are other LEs in the line of duty. Here however you must be willing to take a bullet for the office in which you may or may not have someone that you don't care for his/her politics. In essence how many of you if put in the situtation would be willing to take a bullet for I6BO?

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Not me, hence why I don't join SS... To be honest, I thought about doing Fed work until I talked to some... sorry, I'd like to have a family and see my kids. It just isn't for me. I'll die for them.

Yes & No.

They have the following in this order (1 & 2 are be flipped @ times)

1) You must pass a written test (test is the same for other fed agencies as well)
    2) You must pass a F2F interview
    3) You must pass a background check
    4) You must pass a 3 panel interview
    5) You go to basic training and must pass a PE exam & another written test
    6) You graduate and then spend 3 more months in DC for more training
    7) You spend the next 12 months at a field office working 12 hours days, 7 days a week.

At the Chicago FO the training is as such:

1) 2 weeks manning the 800 phone and coordinating investigations
    2) 2 weeks doing investigative work
    3) 2 weeks protecting I6BO's home
    4) 4 days off
    4) start all over

If you manage to stick around after 1 year you are off probation and work doing the above again for another 3 to 4 years. Year 5 you are going to DETAIL (protective service work) for 2 to 3 years. Then you can choose to go back to investigative work or start PSW for a while longer. Come presidential campaign time everyone is on PSW when the canidates are in your area. NO TIME OFF FOR ANYONE.

Now here is where the ticker is. Unlike other LE when you go to PSW there is some training on the fact that you must be willing to die for the office of the president. This is unlike any other position in the government. Yes soliders at times in conflict are willing to die for thier brothers in arms as are other LEs in the line of duty. Here however you must be willing to take a bullet for the office in which you may or may not have someone that you don't care for his/her politics. In essence how many of you if put in the situtation would be willing to take a bullet for I6BO?

Top Bottom