• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    I'm interested in a Sig Sauer Tango MSR 1-6x24 LPVO scope with BDC6 reticle. I understand that BDC reticles involve LOTS of variables: firearm, ammunition, atmospheric conditions, etc. So I can't trust BDC markings to be truly accurate...even when using a rifle that matches the reticle spec.

This is what I think I know, maybe (per image below):

1. The six hash marks below the primary aiming dot represent 18-inches width (shoulder width for an average man) at various distances, from 200 yards (top) to 700 yards (bottom).

2. The dots to left and right of each hash mark indicate holds for windage. Most have two dots on each side of the bar. Outer dots indicate a 10mph wind. Inner dots indicate a 5mph wind.

3. The arrows pointing toward the primary aiming dot (3 arrows on each side) are meant to assist in leading a moving target.

I DO NOT understand the meaning of the numbers I've circled in green on the image below.
    A: 5.04
    B: 3.70 relates (maybe) to the first windage dot for the first and third horizontal bars

WHAT DO THESE FIGURES MEAN?

BDC-Qs.png

Last edited:

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    I talked with Sig Sauer in New Hampshire.

ALL scope markings are to be read when dialed in to maximum 6X magnification.

The scope is intended for both 5.56 and .308, so the hash lines don't relate to any particular distance. You need to zero the center dot at 100 yards and then experiment in the field to figure out what distance relates to each hash line. IN A PERFECT WORLD, the bottom of the horse shoe would be 200 yards and the six hash lines would be 300 to 800 yards respectively.

A: MOA amount of bullet drop at that hash line
    B: MOA amount of windage hold at that windage point (5mph or 10mph wind) relative to the hash line for that particular distance.

Top Bottom