• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Haven't been on in awhile, but tomorrow I graduate BCT here at Ft. Leonard Wood. Today is "Family Day" so I thought I'd jump on and say "Hi". My wife brought my computer to me so I could check up on 11 weeks of email, etc. I got to throw a grenade, shoot a 240 bravo and a 249. Lots of fun. Off to AIT for a little while. Hope you INGOers that know are doing well!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So... did you nail expert on the rifle qualification? :ar15:

Good to hear from you, have fun at AIT! :patriot:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Contracts! I also went to basic & ait at fort lost in the woods. We've probably rolled in the same mud and went through the same gas chamber. Good for you and thanks for your service!

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Congrats!! Where's your AIT at?
    Ft. Gordon, GA. Relatively new MOS as I understand it, 25N. Seems like there is quite a few of us in the company shipping out this cycle.

ATM...I didn't get expert, I scored 28 out of 40, which is marksman. A few more and I would have scored sharpshooter. A big part of it was iron sights and older eyes. Some of it was just that I hadn't really practiced alot with my AR at home. I hope when I re-qualify, I do better. We were using M16A2s. I had really hoped to do better, but it just didn't work that way. Thanks again to all in Appleseed who helped me. We don't use slings at all to qualify...kinda crazy.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    What the hell service allows you Internet access during boot camp? What other bennies did you get? Chocolates on your pillow and a bed turn down?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I can speak on behalf of basic at fort leonardwood and there was no internet access when I was there. On family day though, if you had planned ahead it could have been pulled off. Some of us can't help that we went Army, we tested to high to qualify for the marines.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I can speak on behalf of basic at fort leonardwood and there was no internet access when I was there. On family day though, if you had planned ahead it could have been pulled off. Some of us can't help that we went Army, we tested to high to qualify for the marines.

Yeah, It was pretty hard to get into the Marine Corps if you were high during your drug test.:stickpoke:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Congrats Soldier!

Welcome to the small % of Americans with testicular fortitude...

Soldier, one of only 3 terms I was proud to here associated with my name. The Other 2 are Trooper, and Sergeant...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    holy cow Erik, I don't know how I missed this thread.

I remember talking to you about the Army way back when and didn't realize you went ahead and joined. I'm sure by now you are well into your new career in the Signal Corps!

Don't know if you met my oldest back then or not, but he graduates BCT next week, we are heading to Fort Jackson on Tuesday for FamilyDay and graduation.

Top Bottom