• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    It's time I graduate from my old steel plates to ceramics. What's everyone rocking for their Level 3 or above plates that won't empty the bank? I liked the review on the Botach level 4 MrGunsandGear did, but the wait is roughly 6 months... No thanks. I like the thought of ceramics because they are light. I need large size plates. I appreciate everyone's thoughts.

Bluehazemay

Modern Pirate Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Just giving my experience so far -- Been using and testing Premier Body Armor with both Guns and knives and results have great so far. The prices and sales do help with cost and depending if your comfortable with shop-pay you can get weekly installments and purchase from premier directly. Both the Backpack armor and Discreet plate carrier with the level 3 have been comfortable and useful for the daily grind! Hope this helps my friend!

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I have a set of ShotStop Duritium level 4s, nice and light (for level 4), multi-curve. Very good plates. Although I’ve been thinking about moving down from XL to large myself.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I've never looked at the plates that are in my issued carrier. They're probably shaped plywood with a weight in them to approximate the heft of ceramic plates.

I think my personal carrier has HESCO plates in it. Like most people, I can't tell you how good the plates are or aren't because I don't go around getting shot in them every day.

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    I've never looked at the plates that are in my issued carrier. They're probably shaped plywood with a weight in them to approximate the heft of ceramic plates.

I think my personal carrier has HESCO plates in it. Like most people, I can't tell you how good the plates are or aren't because I don't go around getting shot in them every day.
    Loved the issued plates comment. On a deployment to the sandy beaches of Afghan a buddy discovered his plates were the blue training ones....company wide check was mandated after that, lol. Only his were blue.

Bluehazemay

Modern Pirate Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Ballistic armor in today's carry is becoming more common and is great backup option to have in the coming day of age! I have to admit the brands to types has grown along with the versatility. I know when I look into armor for testing, I do try to find both the flexible and hard-type level 3 to allow more options and move to level 4 for more security.

im NOT an expert by any means, just someone doing research and testing for the daily grind!

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Loved the issued plates comment. On a deployment to the sandy beaches of Afghan a buddy discovered his plates were the blue training ones....company wide check was mandated after that, lol. Only his were blue.
    I mean, homie didn’t realize his PC weighed a lot less than it should have? Lol

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    I mean, homie didn’t realize his PC weighed a lot less than it should have? Lol
    Let's just say he wasn't the brightest Crayola in the box, lol. He had them for nearly 4 months during training and deployment before he thought to look. I'm talking SEVERAL missions outside the wire.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Let's just say he wasn't the brightest Crayola in the box, lol. He had them for nearly 4 months during training and deployment before he thought to look. I'm talking SEVERAL missions outside the wire.
    I believe hes bogarting you, plates get taken out of the carriers many times and piled up during training and to wash ones carrier.

bwillits

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    Fishers, IN
    I’m rocking Hesco 3810s and love them. They are on the pricier side. Reach out to Jon Sun on FB as he specializes in body armor. RMA stuff is looking super strong these days. I’d compare to Hesco in quality but a fraction of the cost.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I’m rocking Hesco 3810s and love them. They are on the pricier side. Reach out to Jon Sun on FB as he specializes in body armor. RMA stuff is looking super strong these days. I’d compare to Hesco in quality but a fraction of the cost.
    Another quality post

Top Bottom