• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I did a search, but results were last year, and mostly iphone. I did a search on my new android smartphone, searched sniper's hide, and came up with Cold Bore, Shooter, or tried and true Applied Ballistics...

Curious how INGO'ers feel about current apps available? Are they really all the same, just personal preference amongst the apps out there?

Any newer ones I don't have listed that are worth looking at?

I'm not overly dependent on getting one, but having shot a few KD's out to 500 I think it'd be worth a whirl to get me in the ballpark when trying new ammo, learning wind, etc...

What says INGO?!

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I also use Strelok Pro, and have been very happy with how well it works as far as predictive accuracy. That said, over the past few years it's added a bunch of features that I don't need or want and the interface is more cluttered. But it has a bunch of factory loads with G1 and G7 data built in (and more with each update), and that's important to me as a non-reloader. You can add your own data as well.
    Yesterday at the https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../416602-southern-indiana-precision-shoot.html we were talking about ballistic calc's, and Ballistic AE(?) peaked my interest as it will determine group size based off a picture if you give it some additional data. I like that, and Strelok doesn't do it, so I'm going to give Applied Ballistics' a try.
    I also have KAC's "Bullet Flight" which I found to be awful.

I'm currently using a Samsung S6.

ETA: It appears that Ballistic AE is for iPhone only, so I'll be sticking with Strelok. Applied Ballistics looks pretty good, but it also leads down the Kestrel rabbit hole and I'm not sure I want to go there...

Last edited:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I have Ballistic AE, and I like it. I've not used it a lot, because I don't get to play beyond 100 very often.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Thanks all! I went and downloaded strelok pro. Seems nifty so far, but haven't tested it out in the real world yet

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I've had iSnipe going on 3 years now. All updates have been spot on and I can't even imagine any other feature that one would want or need.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On a related note, I found the shot timer app from innovative applications works well. Not as good as a dedicated timer, but it works well in a pinch. (only tested outdoors, by my lonesome not sure about how good it would be around other shooters nearby)

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Anyone have Applied Ballistics on their Iphone? I was going to get it, but there seems to be only ten reviews on the itunes store (which is odd for an app that's been out since 2014) and they are mostly poor due to crashing issues. Evreyone I've talked to really likes it, but they're using android phones.

Top Bottom