93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Why did the judge deem him eligible for bail? Not as sexy, but the more important question then who paid the bail.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have no idea how bond is figured, is $11.5K average for domestic abuse? As this guy has now murdered someone while on bond does the Minnesota Freedom Fund forfeit that money? Does anybody review judges when they make an obvious bad call?:dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have no idea how bond is figured, is $11.5K average for domestic abuse? As this guy has now murdered someone while on bond does the Minnesota Freedom Fund forfeit that money? Does anybody review judges when they make an obvious bad call?:dunno:
    I know it will never happen, but I think judges and parole boards should be held personally accountable for the people that they let out on low bale or early parole.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Edge of my lane, but bond is based on your risk to the community, your flight risk, the severity of your alleged crime, and your ability to pay (8th amendment says bail can't be "excessive" but that's obviously going to require some interpretation as to where the line is drawn). I can't say if that's high or low for the area, but it's higher than many I've seen locally, especially when combined with GPS monitoring.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I know it will never happen, but I think judges and parole boards should be held personally accountable for the people that they let out on low bale or early parole.

Judged on what they knew at the time or the outcome? Based purely on outcome and you've eliminated bail, because who will take the risk?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Judged on what they knew at the time or the outcome? Based purely on outcome and you've eliminated bail, because who will take the risk?
    Probably a little of both. When I see these people that have a rap sheet a mile long getting low bail, light sentences, early parole, etc., I have to wonder if judges and parole boards even look at their records before making their decisions. If they're not taking that into account, then outcome for sure.

Edit: In fact, I wonder how much shorter some of these people's rap sheets would be if they hadn't been allowed out so easily in the first place.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Edge of my lane, but bond is based on your risk to the community, your flight risk, the severity of your alleged crime, and your ability to pay (8th amendment says bail can't be "excessive" but that's obviously going to require some interpretation as to where the line is drawn). I can't say if that's high or low for the area, but it's higher than many I've seen locally, especially when combined with GPS monitoring.
    Or if they were in a group of people that caused a senator or congressman to **** their pants. Then it's NO BAIL FOR YOU!!!

Kneedeep87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2021
    Fort wayne
    I agree with the reply asking how this guy became eligible in the first place. Usually you can't pay your way out when charged with murder. This is the state of politics.

Top Bottom