• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I like a good burger every once in a while and thought I'd give this new chain a shot. I was not impressed. The burger itself was meh at best and the fries were equally meh, and not nearly plentiful enough. The fact that they don't serve either of the big-brand sodas (Coke/Pepsi) and only offer their custom made sodas was uber annoying. I can't imagine going back when there is a Five Guys a half mile away. :twocents: Anyone else have any feedback, one way or another, about Bagger Dave's?

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I've never heard of Bagger Dave's. Sort of a strange name though... Sorry to hear it was a bad experience.

Five Guys=:thumbsup:

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I know a bit about Bagger Dave's, and their food. Sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience vupdblue. I'd like for you to give Bagger Dave's another shot! PM/post more specifics of your visit, and I'll work with you to ensure a much more pleasant visit next time.
    If You have not guessed by now, I represent Bagger Dave's. Thanks for your time and input.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I went to the one on North Michigan Rd. It wasn't that the service was bad at all, it was pretty good actually. I was simply unimpressed with the flavor of the food and the value. I'm used to getting fantastic burgers at Five Guys and lots of fantastic fries, unlike the relatively flavorless burger and few average fries I got at Bagger Dave's. I also felt really weird about not being able to order common sodas. The craft soda was alright and would, IMHO, be a good addition to a traditional selection of Coke or Pepsi products. I appreciate your offer to help make my experience better and I'll probably give them another chance based on your offer.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    VUPDblue, I had the same experience as you did at the one in Avon. My wife took me there thinking I would like this place but the food was just not that great. It wasn't bad per se, but for a burger joint, they sure didn't impress. I liked their sodas and beers, especially that they carry local breweries, but I had a burger with their homemade chips and neither was good. I found both to be bland and the burger tasted like the burgers I screw up at home, dry and bland. One thing that really annoyed me was when I asked for my burger to be medium well and the server said "oh, we only serve them well done." I asked why and she said that she did not know.

YETB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Indy - West
    Agree - went to the one in Avon just 2 weeks ago. novel concept, but the burgers were dry and spongy - fries were "ok" But we all said we'd rather do 5 Guys and their Magic Coke machines... and for the price, no contest.

also - I love craft breads - something different. 4 of us - not a single bun felt/ tasted fresh.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Boy, after reading the UrbanSpoon and Google reviews I doubt I'll EVER eat there. The craft soda thing to me sucks. Papa Roux does the same thing and they just don't taste good! If you are a burger and fry joint and can't make a good burger and fries then I suggest you hang it up. I appreciate the gentleman that says he represents Bagger Daves speaking up but it looks like there is a bigger problem with the overall program.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    One recently opened in Terre Haute but after reading the reviews and hearing real life experiences I doubt that I'll ever be a customer. Well done usually means pre frozen unflavorable patties and I never eat meat Well Done.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I would like to point out that I would really like to like the place because one of my guilty pleasures is a good burger joint. I like the good sodas and the local beer they carry, but I won't go back until something changes on the food. My son really likes watching the train go by and the "build your own" burger is a great idea.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    i believe there is a BD's opening across the street from gander mountain in greenwood

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Something so wrong here that an owner would spend many $$'s in these perilous times without insuring quality of the food taste prior to opening. Most all Bad Reviews center on the taste of the burgers. I for one will Not pay for overcooked hamburger. Lets Hope that this can be Corrected before irreparable damage is done to Bagger Daves

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If Bagger Dave's is worse than 5 Guys and you guys are happy with 5 Guys then you can't get good burgers at all.

Someone down there needs to open up a SCHOOPS franchise. I've seen them in northern IN and IL and even down in Florida, but I don't know about any in central IN. Schoops is way better than 5 Guys. Nice an juicy.

And thanks for the warning about Bagger Daves, I'll just stay away.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If Bagger Dave's is worse than 5 Guys and you guys are happy with 5 Guys then you can't get good burgers at all.

Someone down there needs to open up a SCHOOPS franchise. I've seen them in northern IN and IL and even down in Florida, but I don't know about any in central IN. Schoops is way better than 5 Guys. Nice an juicy.

I love me some Schoops!

And INGO'er Clay had a similar experience with the BD's in Terre Haute not too long ago. 'Twas on his Facebook.

I'm sure he'll see this and add in his experience in person.

-J-

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    We tried out the new one in Terre Haute this past weekend and will NEVER go back. Waited almost an hour for our food and then it was cold. Waitress was a total b*^ch and for 3 of us it was damn near $60 for burgers & fries. Once I posted my review on FB I had MANY friends saying they experienced the same thing there!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I love me some Shoops!

And INGO'er Clay had a similar experience with the BD's in Terre Haute not too long ago. 'Twas on his Facebook.

I'm sure he'll see this and add in his experience in person.

-J-
    Do they have SCHOOPS in Indy yet?

I haven't spent much time in Indy since the late 70s/early 80s and I know that Schoops was not down there back then. I see their shops across northern Indiana and parts of Illinois.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Do they have SCHOOPS in Indy yet?

I haven't spent much time in Indy since the late 70s/early 80s and I know that Schoops was not down there back then. I see their shops across northern Indiana and parts of Illinois.

I fixed the typo... :whistle:

And no, sadly. I think Kouts is the furthest south I've encountered one. But their website says there isn't a store there. So either it's out of business or I'm horribly mistaken.

Anyhow, the Lowell store is the closest to Indy.

Next time I'm up in the region, I'll need to remember to look up the closest store! It just may very well work out for a lunch break.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

Never been to a Schoops, but Indy is in desperate need of a GREAT burger place. Five Guys is good and reliable but I wouldn't call it GREAT by any stretch. Bubs on the North side makes a yummy burger but they are not a chain and they are a good ways from my area.

Top Bottom