• ...and so much more!
  • Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    OK, I'm calling Knife_Lady out!

I thought, OK, it's uneven, she's almost bald, and she's going to be wearing a large flowered hat to hide it.

Now granted, it's slightly stacked in the back, but it's not 80's-wedge-stacked. Still perfectly blonde and lovely. Still has bangs. And, IMO, it's at an even better length for her.

Stylist still deserves to be shivved, but don't let her convince you guys that her hair is now bad. Still *fab-u-lous*!

Thank you sweet pea but you have to admit that she did cut too much off and I did not get the cut I asked for. You are being very kind and sweet cause thats the way you are.;) rep coming your way.

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I am a licensed cosmetologist and I worked in a salon for years. You're darn right you shouldn't have paid her. If there is one thing I've noticed from being in the business, sometimes stylists get wrapped up in other things and do not pay attention to what the customer wants. I have fixed plenty of screw ups in the past. Beware of the "chop shops". You get what you pay for. Your stylist should listen to you, ask questions about what YOU want... not what she wants. I always listened. I may not have agreed, but I always did what was asked of me. Shame on her for being so rude to you.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    It looked fine to me. She's just milkin it! Lol. Oh.... wait. I want to buy a knife tomorrow. She's Right it looked terrible! Oh wait, what??? Dammit!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    OK, this is the 64th post and there are still no pics of said haircut...Unacceptable INGO behavior.:noway:

:):

BTW, if you want something done right, you do it yourself...I haven't had a bad haircut since I was ~16.:D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Thank you sweet pea but you have to admit that she did cut too much off and I did not get the cut I asked for. You are being very kind and sweet cause thats the way you are.;) rep coming your way.

You are 100% correct in the fact that she did not cut it the way you wanted it. I would not have paid for it either.
    With that said, and I have told you this at the show too, it looks great!!!

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I went to the show and did a quick walk-around on Saturday to check out a few booths. I kept looking for a lady that had hair like this:

36072_crazy_lady.jpg

or this:

Crazy%20Hair.jpg

I did find one booth at the 1500 with a blonde lady but her hair was normal and I she tried to cut me a fair deal on a RAT-3! Then I left for the day and forgot to pick up the knife on my way out.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    I was young I took a trip to New Jersey. I was standing in line with like maybe 150-200 other guys waiting for a barber to open up. Finally after waiting for like an eternity I got to have my spin in the chair. I asked for him to trim the ends as I had noticed they were starting to split a little. Next thing I knew this sorry old man took a set of clippers and took it all off. Nothing not even stubble was left... ;)

I had a similar experience, Ft. Dix was it?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Originally Posted by jeremy
    I was young I took a trip to New Jersey. I was standing in line with like maybe 150-200 other guys waiting for a barber to open up. Finally after waiting for like an eternity I got to have my spin in the chair. I asked for him to trim the ends as I had noticed they were starting to split a little. Next thing I knew this sorry old man took a set of clippers and took it all off. Nothing not even stubble was left... ;)

ralphb72

That guy must get around cause I met him in Georgia at Ft. Benning
    Kenny

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Originally Posted by jeremy

ralphb72

That guy must get around cause I met him in Georgia at Ft. Benning
    Kenny
    The spousal unit says that guy was at Lackland, too. He really MUST get around!

RacineDKringle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2010

You're too kind, but I persist that your hair looks lovely =) Ask my husband, I don't lie well!

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I guess I'm lucky because my good friend of 10+ years is my "stylist" and works at great clips. by now she knows how to cut it just right after years of my ridicule and its free to.:yesway:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When I lived in Alameda, CA I went to one of those super cut-type places back in 1987 when they had one of their sales on a Saturday morning. The results were so bad that I immediately drove to a barber shop for repair work. There was a line of people in the chairs all with bad haircuts. Turns out they were refugees from the exact same place I'd been. This is not a joke! One of the two barbers looked at me and knew exactly where I'd just been and why I was in his shop. He told me he'd been fixing their mistakes all morning. Maybe the people at the super cut-place were doing it on purpose?

Anyway, I only patronized barbers after that day. In that shop in Alameda, I didn't always like the results, but they always did exactly what I asked them to do.

Since I moved home in 1991, I've been going to the same barber shop. I know it's time to go back when it's tough to wash my head with a wash cloth.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Hey Weakerbrother, that was me that gave you the fair price on the RC3. Well yes I have normal hair. lol It is just much shorter and not the right cut.

Top Bottom