• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • democracywins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Marion, IN
    Most people don't like them because they're not the fanciest, but my Ruger LCP is always in my back left pocket and no one is ever the wiser. Just my thoughts.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I agree that second guns need to be reliable, but why shouldn't the same demands be made of the primary gun as well?

Matthew_DM

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    If I was going to carry a back up gun, it'd be on the same platform and capable of using the same magazines (or at the very least same caliber) as my primary. It'd also be a place that is easy to get to from my non-dominant shooting hand, in case it is disabled. Seems to make the most sense to me.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Kahr CW45

I like the Kahr CW45 since it is made in America. That means something to a guy like me. I picked one up recently and it is a really nice gun for the price ($350) and would make a great BU gun. I shoot and reload 45 and sometimes want a smaller package than my fullsize 1911 for extended carry. I dont have the cash to put down for a compact 1911 so this fit the bill. After shooting it I am pleasently surprised how nice it shot and may just keep it longer than expected.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I read a artical they tested a xd 9m and a glock and beat the hell out of both and the glock was kia but the xd survived to shoot another day, so does everybody have to have a glock? Whats so awsome about them?

Looks like you have several good suggestions for back up guns. So what I want to know is where this article might be found so I can read about this Glock that was "KIA". Unless they are literally beating the hell out of the guns, I'm gonna preemptively call BS.

Top Bottom