• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I am not sure what I want to do. I was watching FOX News Sunday, with Chris Wallace. He was talking about back ground checks, with Sen. Joe Manchin, D W Va. The Sen. said he went home, and talked to the people, that he hunted with, and shot with, and had them read his "new bill", and they all liked it.
    The Sen. said it would only affect the "gun show" and online sales.
    So, I have a question. I have never bought a gun online.

So, for those of you who have bought a gun online, Gunbroker, armslist etc., NOT just FtF, when you pick up your firearm, from the FFL, isn't there a 4473, filled out ????? and isn't the "phone call" made ????? :dunno:

and, if this is done, then what will CHANGE, if this bill passes ?????

He claims, that it will NOT affect the 2nd A..... :dunno:

inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    I watched the same program and the senator claimed it would strengthen our 2A rights,but it wouldnt be like a politician to lie,lol.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Yes, you do still do all of the transfer paperwork. It's just like getting a gun from a FFL. The only transfer that doesn't need a background check is a FTF transfer and any sort of transfer of antique weapons.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The most significant lie comes in the fact that the 'gun show loophole' that the left likes to wail and gnash teeth about has nothing to do with gun shows. The goal they have is to outlaw FTF sales. The gun show just makes a nice prop since they can point to an event at which FTF private sales are likely to happen in significant numbers at one place and time. It is an effort to sell unannounced but very deliberate consequences which will seriously affect our freedom to privately buy, sell, give, or receive guns.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Manchin is just posturing for the libtards who put him in office.
    Since he got his face slapped in the Senate he, and the Administration, have been doing as much damage control as possible to keep the faithful idiots on the Left thinking that they have the upper hand in the gun control debate.
    We need to continue our campaign of contacting our elected officials to keep them on the ball or the Dems will sneak something through while we're distracted by something like the Boston disaster.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If the good Senator wants to strengthen our Second Amendment rights, how about abolishing the "sporting purpose" test in the GCA of 1968 and eliminating the machine gun freeze?:dunno:

Why does "strengthen" equate to me giving up rights?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    If the good Senator wants to strengthen our Second Amendment rights, how about abolishing the "sporting purpose" test in the GCA of 1968 and eliminating the machine gun freeze?:dunno:

Why does "strengthen" equate to me giving up rights?
    Because all Liberals use Doublespeak.
    It keeps the useful idiots from discovering the truth.

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    The democrats are playing a dangerous game with guns, if the republicans could hold their nose's and "love collective bargaining" and "build infrastructure" they could steal the rank and file of the unions by the millions. Manchin is supposed to be pro working man from a coal state I can't imagine them wanting to give up guns any more than we do.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Come on guys and gals. The 2nd Ammendment was made as simple and as easy to understand as possible. So "shall not be infringed" means just that.

What is it about "shall not be infringed" do you not understand. The words do not require a high level education.

Please. There are no problems to solve.

Last edited:

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I am not sure what I want to do. I was watching FOX News Sunday, with Chris Wallace. He was talking about back ground checks, with Sen. Joe Manchin, D W Va. The Sen. said he went home, and talked to the people, that he hunted with, and shot with, and had them read his "new bill", and they all liked it.
    The Sen. said it would only affect the "gun show" and online sales.
    So, I have a question. I have never bought a gun online.
    So, for those of you who have bought a gun online, Gunbroker, armslist etc., NOT just FtF, when you pick up your firearm, from the FFL, isn't there a 4473, filled out ????? and isn't the "phone call" made ????? :dunno:
    and, if this is done, then what will CHANGE, if this bill passes ?????
    He claims, that it will NOT affect the 2nd A..... :dunno:
    Under the proposal, if you answer an ad here on INGO and subsequently purchase a gun, a 4473 would have to be submitted, even if the final transaction took place FTF.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Buying on Armslist in Indiana is just like buying here on INGO. If the purchase goes into the mail then there is an FFL.

Question if all purchases go though FFL's then how will they know if they don't? The answer is obvious, gun registration.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Under the proposal, if you answer an ad here on INGO and subsequently purchase a gun, a 4473 would have to be submitted, even if the final transaction took place FTF.

And...all the taxes that they would attach to such sales....it is control and tax. Period.
    He must hunt/shoot with some pretty dumb people.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    IMO, Manchin is just trying to save face since he got his slapped with his last offering.

Manchin has no sense, so how could he offer anything that would be 'common' sense?

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    The democrats are playing a dangerous game with guns, if the republicans could hold their nose's and "love collective bargaining" and "build infrastructure" they could steal the rank and file of the unions by the millions. Manchin is supposed to be pro working man from a coal state I can't imagine them wanting to give up guns any more than we do.
    You're a smart man.... I've been saying that for years.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I have purchased and sold firearms online, and have always completed the transfer through an FFL, so I was wondering where this "online" loophole was coming from too.

I read a news story a couple of weeks ago in which the "reporter" mentioned the 40% of sales made at gun shows and online without a background check, which even the administration backed away from, so I e-mailed her questioning her sources, and explaining my experience with online sales. She said one of her sources was "the administration in New York City."

:puke:

Top Bottom