• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Good choice, my brother has a Baby Eagle (fullsize not a compact) in .40
    It has been flawless for him, but when he was still breaking it in, some friends had some ftfeeds because of limpwristing.

The only drawback to owning one is few places have mags for them and those who do want $40+
    I think they are one of the best looking handguns out there.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok I feel violated.... I bought my Sigma the begining of april. Then I go to trade it in and Saturday my NICS was denied!! Never had a problem before, haven't been in any trouble, don't use drugs, NOTHING. So come to find out the appeals process is probably going to take longer than getting my PERMIT TO CARRY. Which it's looking like I'm going to get since they cashed both my MO's. Why I can get a gun, get a permit, and get an Armored Car job, but not get a second handgun is WAY beyond me. Has ANYONE ever had this happen to them or know someone that has?? Cause I honestly feel like somehow somewhere my rights are being violated....

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I've heard this isn't that uncommon. The next try it'll probably go though!!! :rockwoot:

Although.... yeah that must suck!!! :xmad:

Ok I feel violated.... I bought my Sigma the begining of april. Then I go to trade it in and Saturday my NICS was denied!! Never had a problem before, haven't been in any trouble, don't use drugs, NOTHING. So come to find out the appeals process is probably going to take longer than getting my PERMIT TO CARRY. Which it's looking like I'm going to get since they cashed both my MO's. Why I can get a gun, get a permit, and get an Armored Car job, but not get a second handgun is WAY beyond me. Has ANYONE ever had this happen to them or know someone that has?? Cause I honestly feel like somehow somewhere my rights are being violated....

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well, I was told if I try again and its denied again I wont be able to purchase a handgun ever because I'll be put on the "List". I cant have that!

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Well, I was told if I try again and its denied again I wont be able to purchase a handgun ever because I'll be put on the "List". I cant have that!

Uhhhhh...... I'm no expert but I think that's B.S.. I'd say you need to make some inquiries maybe starting with the Indiana State Police. Ask them how you go about finding out what the problem is. :thumbsup:

Best of Luck and update us when you know more!! :cheers:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Here's the low-down on the process. I was directed to the BATFE but through MUCH searching was redirected to the FBI! Yay. Contacted their NICS Customer Service only to find out I must send a written request with my fingerprints (to speed up the process) to their Appeals Service Team. After 5 days of THEIR reciept, I will have my reason. After which I may appeal in Writing again. With another set of fingerprints. (Got two at the same time to avoid hassle)

All I know at this point is it will be a couple months before I get this sorted out. Which at that point I'll probably have the money saved up to buy the BDE outright instead of trading it in. Good thing I guess!

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Here's the low-down on the process. I was directed to the BATFE but through MUCH searching was redirected to the FBI! Yay. Contacted their NICS Customer Service only to find out I must send a written request with my fingerprints (to speed up the process) to their Appeals Service Team. After 5 days of THEIR reciept, I will have my reason. After which I may appeal in Writing again. With another set of fingerprints. (Got two at the same time to avoid hassle)

All I know at this point is it will be a couple months before I get this sorted out. Which at that point I'll probably have the money saved up to buy the BDE outright instead of trading it in. Good thing I guess!

Did they say anything about just having the dealer run it through again? A couple of years back I just know I heard a dealer saying something about getting a "NO" one day and then running it again the next and getting an "OK". :dunno:

What a crock of a deal at any rate!! :rolleyesedit:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    No they didn't. But either way I want to know the reason and appeal it if nothing else but for records sake and maybe I won't be delayed everytime I purchase one.

And you're right. It is a crock of CaCa:bash:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    While googling for threaded barrels for my baby I came across this thread. How cool is that? :D

Figured I'd leave a little note to say I'm glad I got my baby eagle after all that time and it works GREAT! Look for my review on the Baby Desert Eagle located in the handguns section of the forums!

And if anyone has info where I can get threaded barrels, hook me up! :D Thanks!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    While googling for threaded barrels for my baby I came across this thread. How cool is that? :D

Figured I'd leave a little note to say I'm glad I got my baby eagle after all that time and it works GREAT! Look for my review on the Baby Desert Eagle located in the handguns section of the forums!

And if anyone has info where I can get threaded barrels, hook me up! :D Thanks!

That firearm isn't one thats popular to add muzzle accessories to. If you are serious and dedicated to adding some kind of muzzle accessory, it can be done, but you probably will not be able to buy a threaded barrel off the shelf. You'd either have to have a barrel made, or have a barrel adapter made. Either way, it won't be cheap, but it is doable.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I think you're right. I figured maybe an Israeli company would have made something for it but I couldn't find anything. And it's not that I would be able to do this in the near future anyway, I just wanted to see if it was a doable thing. Where would I go to find something like that?

BTW, Thanks.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    There are a couple companies out there that could possibly do the barrel adapter, but they are not local. The ones that come to mind are Adco Firearms and Tornado Technologies. If it's a suppressor you're after, the company you buy the can from could likely do the work. Unless you are deadset on using the BE, it would probably be more cost-effective to get a pistol that has threaded barrels readily available.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Alright. I'll research my options. Again this will be something for down the road. I appreciate the help though. Thanks.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I had a baby DE and several g22 the DE is a nice firearm, but there is no comparison to G22. Gpo with the g22

You're right there is no comparison. But I'm not about to roll my BDE in dirt to prove it's reliability either. Maybe when I'm rich and don't care about blowing money I'll try that... :D

I'm very happy with my Baby Eagle and I wouldn't trade it for a glock if you paid me. To each their own I guess. Maybe one day I'll buy a glock just so I can say I have a Glock but I like my Eagle and I'm sure I will continue to carry it. :)

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    i know there are companies that make threaded bbls for the jericho 941/ baby eagle. i cant think of the names. and also nice choice i would like to get one of the old jericho 941's with the 9mm and 41 ae bbls but dont have the money.

Patient Zer0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    Peru/Kokomo
    I have a CZ-75B and will always have it. I have never shot a pistol as accurate or comfortable in my life. It is way more accurate than I am and from a rest its just scary. Good on ya for getting a BDE. Enjoy.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Sanzo, bad idea to get the old Jericho. They had a ton of problems from what I've read. The new ones are GREAT! I'd love to have a regular CZ to compare it too but the BDE is just great. Glad to see someone not put me down for my choice in firearm for a change! :D Thanks guys!

BTW, was at the 1500 tonight and seen two just like mine for $450. Seen the full size with steel frame for $557 and one in compact for $440 I believe. And also, the CZ mags are the SAME mags as the BDE. I almost bought one but don't like the flat metal bottom plate.

Top Bottom