• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I was kind of thinking sell it for a fair price above MSRP to an interested buyer who would love owning it. But I suppose someone could do what you're suggesting as well. :dunno:

The problem with that is that we all have a different definition of "fair". To a business, "fair" is what somebody's willing to pay.

PaxRomana

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    For the sake of argument I am going to assume that an actual weapons ban does not pass and we end up with some kind of universal background check legislation to make everyone feel better. If and when that happens, there will be a flood of these panic or flipper buys coming on the market and it will be a buyers market. There is no way all these buyers are going to keep these rifles. I am sure that many of these people can't really afford to be buying $1500 ARs but are doing so on the idea that they will never have another chance. When a ban doesn't happen and their credit card bills are coming due, they will "panic sell". Obviously if I am wrong and a ban comes down, all bets are off. I just don't see it happening though and in that case there will be a market correction. Just a matter of how long...

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Does anyone want to talk about supply and demand and how when supply is low and demand is high prices go up? Everyone's all about free market until demand for their thing skyrockets, then its all price gouging and not to be tolerated.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Just called Premier Arms in Brownsburg about a Sig Sauer 556 Classic they got in today. MSRP: $1266, Premier's price: $2499.

So much for all that built-up excitement, geez!

:(

A friend called me over the weekend because he was looking for a Sig AR. Found him a Sig 556 and a 551 at Beech Grove Firearms on Tuesday. He got the 556 for a very reasonable price. Deals can still be found, you just have to know where to look.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    i am in the car business as well. when the lancer evolutions came out, people were willing to pay more than double msrp, and a lot of dealers in more affluent areas were doing so. we did not, but we also would not drop a penny below list price. i was in the showroom during a conversation between a man and the sales manager. the guy wanted the dealer to come down off of list price because thats what people do, and my manager looked at him and told him that he has 10 other people on the waiting list for that car if he leaves, he will not sell it for less because someone will pay it. people had offered more than list to jump up in the line, and were refused, guy left, next guy came in and paid msrp for it within half an hour.

It's a good analogy however I think some dealers are hurting themselves in that they have these rifles with ridiculous prices that aren't selling. I saw no shortage of AR rifles at the 1500 but I didn't see alot of people buying. I've been looking for a Sig 716 for awhile now and midwest had some stacked three high at least, but for 3500.00, double what they should be and nobody was buying them and I was there both days. If they were 1700-1800 (maybe even 1900) like they should be I would of bought one. It's like the DPMS super sass at Beech Grove yesterday, 3900.00 for a 2000.00 gun, really?? If some fool buys it, good for BGF, the extra will pay more than a few salaries for a week I suppose.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    As of Jan 1 prices have went up as the taxes got higher, Obama care kicked in for some. Still a Indy Yuppie will always pay more for less. :D I only buy at MSRP or usually lower, I'm a cheapskate.:dunno:

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I think it's important for everyone to remember who the dealers that jack the prices up are, and make sure they are the last people to get your business in the future. There are several dealers who are remaining fair while still turning a profit, and they will be the ones that continue to get my business when the dust settles and prices start to return to normal.

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    No Joke.

Does anyone want to talk about supply and demand and how when supply is low and demand is high prices go up? Everyone's all about free market until demand for their thing skyrockets, then its all price gouging and not to be tolerated.

The cool thing about free market, is that you don't have to pay a vendors hight price. If the vendor can more money for his wares, good for him. If you can find a lower price elsewhere, buy it elsewhere.

The cool thing about a free market, is if a a gun shop is going to be rude and overpriced, they won't be around long to keep offending you.

If they are able to make their money running their shop the way they want more power to them.

If you don't like they way they run their shop, shop elsewhere.

It just seems so simple to me.....oh well.:twocents:

I have a gun shop that I like the prices, love their selection (well not so much the last 6 months, but not their fault) and I love their service. I don't even shop around anymore unless I have to, because I would like them to stay in business.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    The guys been a member here for almost a year and yet I see someone felt the need to cry to a moderator that someone with under 50 posts was making none quality posts.
    Somebody needs to step away from the keyboard for a bit and stop taking themselves so seriously.
    I don't really think deleting someone's posts and ridiculing them presents a positive image of Ingo.
    He doesn't have 17 one liners. Maybe it came up on a search and he didn't realize how old it was.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The guys been a member here for almost a year and yet I see someone felt the need to cry to a moderator that someone with under 50 posts was making none quality posts.
    Somebody needs to step away from the keyboard for a bit and stop taking themselves so seriously.
    I don't really think deleting someone's posts and ridiculing them presents a positive image of Ingo.
    He doesn't have 17 one liners. Maybe it came up on a search and he didn't realize how old it was.

:chillpill:

Reported. :D

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Lol thanks!
    It's just something that drives me crazy.
    picture.php

Last edited:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

+1

Mods backing up INGO crybabies is getting out of hand.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

It does get irritating, no matter what somebody posts if they are under fifty some busybody has to chime in about it. Not everybody is in a rush to get to the usually overpriced guns in the classifieds.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    This thread is a reflection of the not to distant past. Here it is near the end of May, those "crazy" prices were only about 4 months ago.
    AR's are pretty much back to normal "pre panic" prices.

Top Bottom