• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOCOM242

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Just called Premier Arms in Brownsburg about a Sig Sauer 556 Classic they got in today. MSRP: $1266, Premier's price: $2499.

So much for all that built-up excitement, geez!

:(

HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Just called Premier Arms in Brownsburg about a Sig Sauer 556 Classic they got in today. MSRP: $1266, Premier's price: $2499.

So much for all that built-up excitement, geez!

:(

I've stopped at that place a few times. That's pretty normal for them. Prices always seem high at that shop.

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    Sounds like a good reason to find another gun shop to place your order. That kind of business practice should not be tolerated.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I went in there probably 10 years ago and wanted them to order me a rock island 1911. The guy was a jerk. He kept trying to sell me a clapped out Llama instead even though I was very clear what I wanted. He eventually agreed to order the rock island for me and then shafted me with a bunch of miscellaneous charges like shipping for $60, etc. I told myself I would never go back and just reversed on that a few weeks ago. Same old attitude, same old garbage. I really will never go back.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    A buddy at the shop says they were consignment guns.

In defense of some of these LGS, there are some pretty rude customers beating on the employees right now. It's tough staying on the calm side in this buying frenzy.

HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    I went in there probably 10 years ago and wanted them to order me a rock island 1911. The guy was a jerk. He kept trying to sell me a clapped out Llama instead even though I was very clear what I wanted. He eventually agreed to order the rock island for me and then shafted me with a bunch of miscellaneous charges like shipping for $60, etc. I told myself I would never go back and just reversed on that a few weeks ago. Same old attitude, same old garbage. I really will never go back.

I think I saw that same gun last time I was there.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    What should they do? Sell it at normal retail to the guy who's just going to immediately post it on INGO for double list price?

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Yea just called Big daddys guns and more and they are asking 1950 for a new bushmaster. I just paid retail for one. These people are nuts.

Retail is a subjective term. If someone pays the $1950 then that becomes the retail price. Unless you ordered it from the manufacture, then anything you pay a retailer IS the retail price, high low or in between in your comfort zone. How bad a person wants a item and availability drive the asking or price.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have dealt with them in the past. After being spoken to like I am ignorant during a trade negotiation (last summer) I left After being insulted. I went straight to see Bob at PSS and found the same gun for less money and got a really fair deal on my trade. They have the .22LR rounds I shoot in stock so that is all I buy from them. No more guns.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Well congrats guys. Premier told the consignee they were pulling these guns and giving them back. No longer for sale.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    I spoke with premier earlier this week about an AR he had and he also said it was consigned and was priced by the owner. I have seen the limited few that have come in since this panic buying sale for the pre-panic retail prices.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    This panic buying is not sustainable. Eventually savings will dry up and credit cards will max out. Let's be honest with ourselves, it will be almost impossible for an AWB to pass. The more that folks buy into this idea that guns/ammo can and should be marked up to astronomical prices, the longer it will last. President Obama really is the greatest gun salesman to ever walk the earth.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I don't know about premier, but on the topic of big daddy's that's typical. His prices have always been high enough to make it worth my wild to drive the hour each way to bradis and pss. Hell I typically save enough to cover traveling, lunch and some ammo! His old shop was way over priced and the new ones no different.

jmancobra

Plinker
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    kokomo
    What should they do? Sell it at normal retail to the guy who's just going to immediately post it on INGO for double list price?

I kind of agree.... they can't just replace it. The shelves are empty everywhere and they cant replenish stock, at least not for a while. You kind of have to get what you can. A few years ago when I was a sales manager at a Ford dealership the Shelby GT500s came out. Our size store got 1 (ONE!) for the whole model year. A big store like Andy Mohr may have received a half dozen at most. The going rate was about $20k over list. We sold ours for $10k over and that was a deal. As much as it didn't seem like it to some people, it was to others. Were we gouging? No, just selling for "market price". When demand FAr exceeds price, throw msrp out the window. Would I love to buy a bunch of stuff at msrp right now? Hell yes!! But so does everybody else.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i am in the car business as well. when the lancer evolutions came out, people were willing to pay more than double msrp, and a lot of dealers in more affluent areas were doing so. we did not, but we also would not drop a penny below list price. i was in the showroom during a conversation between a man and the sales manager. the guy wanted the dealer to come down off of list price because thats what people do, and my manager looked at him and told him that he has 10 other people on the waiting list for that car if he leaves, he will not sell it for less because someone will pay it. people had offered more than list to jump up in the line, and were refused, guy left, next guy came in and paid msrp for it within half an hour.

Top Bottom