• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Not even going to look or think about it, I want to keep my bp down.
    I do know I'd have a new or new to me Jeep in the driveway if I hadn't found INGO.
    Will say the friendships I've made since I have been on INGO are worth more to me than the toys I've accumulated, mostly, kinda, just say it's about even and leave it at that...
    Well said! :thumbsup:
    I have met new real friends since I stumbled on INGO nearly 5 yrs ago. :ingo:
    Finding a new friend at this point of life is enriching.
    I was just praying with a member who was in my garage earlier this week b/c he just found out he has bladder cancer. Didn't even know him a couple of years ago. Priceless.
    I don't really care but a little about toys, they are great distractions, but being surrounded by people of character makes life for me.
    Being able to share a hobby is a bonus. :rockwoot:

Last edited:

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    A dollar two ninety nine, that's a legitimate number isn't it? Or maybe it's a nickle ninety eight, I don't rightly know any more. Will have to go fishing with a magnet to get a total!

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I’ve always kept a XL spreadsheet that has the ability too calculate totals.
    Quantity and cost.
    Enter make, model, serial, cost, buy date, purchase location etc…
    Ammo type, quantity and cost… etc.
    Scary totals!

Now that I’ve sold all but one gun… a rare Ziden approved dbl barrel 410 gauge AR14 shotgun missing 1 hammer, the ol’ spreadsheet looks a little empty.
    Guess I should just burn my digital copy in the fireplace since I only have the one gun!
    Could one of you lone me a match? I promise to give it back when I’m done!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Quantity and cost.
    Scary totals!

Now that I’ve sold all but one gun… a rare Ziden approved dbl barrel 410 gauge AR14 shotgun missing 1 hammer, the ol’ spreadsheet looks a little empty.
    Guess I should just burn my digital copy in the fireplace since I only have the one gun!
    Don't light it up!
    It might give you some curious pleasure to look at it decades later.
    When I downsized 4-5 yrs ago I was trimming the 3 files & ran across records when I was active in the hobby in my 30s (now 69).
    I'd gone to a police auction & bought handguns & rifles for ridiculously low prices.
    I remember 1 gun that I bought for $10 & sold to a friend who sold it for $400 5 decades later.
    He enjoys tormenting recalling the story.
    It was the worst shooting gun I've ever had, a revolver.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I'm super interested to see where I'm at. I can say I don't buy anything I don't see as a "deal". That being said, I think my average has gone up a significant amount over the past 8 years I have been in the club. I started out practical, getting what I needed, and expanded to what I wanted.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Quantity and cost.
    Scary totals!

I keep a similar spreadsheet. I add a picture but don't enter anything about ammo. I also have a "current value" cell that get's updated occasionally.

I have a tab for each firearm and when I sell it, I put a note of the date I sold it.

If I had kept everything I bought over the years I'd have quite a collection, lol. But alas, I sell to buy the next one so I don't ever get up on the total number of firearms owned.

If I took all of the guns I have ever owned and did the math, it would be significantly different.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I actually just bought my first gun off of INGO recently. Sorta funny considering how long I've been on here.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I keep a similar spreadsheet. I add a picture but don't enter anything about ammo. I also have a "current value" cell that get's updated occasionally.

I have a tab for each firearm and when I sell it, I put a note of the date I sold it.

If I had kept everything I bought over the years I'd have quite a collection, lol. But alas, I sell to buy the next one so I don't ever get up on the total number of firearms owned.

If I took all of the guns I have ever owned and did the math, it would be significantly different.
    Not guns, but I do that with my equipment. Paid for and current value can total at the bottom, when a piece is traded/sold, note is made to the right as to details of trade, sale, same when purchasing, notes to loan, rate, $down, payments, whatever.
    Key is that when piece is traded/sold, current goes to zero, keeping bottom line current value accurate.

Makes for easy EOY balance sheet work.

Another key is to set the print area, notes off to right are for eyes only, banker just sees what they need and not get mired down in the details.

ETA: reread your post, I’m not working with tabs, just rows/columns. Tabs are good for pictures I’m sure.

Last edited:

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I hope everyone has checked with there insurance as to coverage on there firearms and accessories, you might be surprised in how some cover such things. Fortunately when we had our house fire our insurance did cover all the rifles i had stored in a walk in closet due to safes all being full on lower level. I kept a lot of military rifles and ammo in that closet and insurance covered it all! As to theft that is another ball of wax, we carry a rider for jewelry and firearms because our policy limits claims on theft!

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    haha we don't add up sums here... Such things are not to be seen.
    Spent: 70-2400 Avg:615
    rifles avg 560, pistols avg 630
    "value", hard to say. On the top and bottom items, probably 50% more, midrange right on. the above doesn't include optics, mags, or mods but few have any work done.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Follow up from my 1st post starting this thread.

96% of my guns came from INGO (up from 83%).
    I've been trimming the safe of some .22LR revolvers & semi-autos (but no rifles), & many of the larger calibers.
    Back to the basics, but every once in awhile something becomes available that I have to try out like I used to pre-Covid when prices were equitable.
    I even plan to trim a couple of air guns, but I can't seem to get in a hurry with those since it costs so little to shoot them.

Top Bottom