Availability of ammo, .22lr specifically.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    If you are patient and persistent, you can find 22LR at reasonable prices. I try to get to the local Walmarts when the trucks come in, and on a few occasions have scored 225 packs of Remington Golden Bullets for $9.97, and some Federal Lightning 50 round boxes for $2.17. PLEASE don't pay the high prices, or you will be contributing to them becoming the new "normal" prices. Patience pays.

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    I don't know what the prices were like before the recent shortage so I don't know exactly, it seems I picked a terrible time to get into a new caliber. I've seen ammo floating around INGO anywhere from $0.12-.20 per round. It may not be the norm but $60 for 525 rounds doesn't seem crazy since I'm used to buying 9mm at $0.25-30 per round.

*EDIT* Just so I know, what would the pre-shortage price on a 500rd brick be?

Prices before (last summer or sooner) were ballpark of $18-$22 for the same 500-555rd bricks the Ammo Flippers are posting for $60-$90...

I'd try: http://ccmidwestfirearms.com won't be cheap but at least you'll be shooting CCI Standard Velocity instead of the garbage stuff for near same money... They will limit to 100-200 rounds usually around $10-$12 per 100.. But it is a newer Shop and are nice people to deal with, just bought my wife's Purple SR22 there a couple weeks ago.

Top Bottom