• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rooster Cogburn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    MSG2 - Indianapolis
    after defending the store against a robbery.

I searched for this and didn't see anything recent. I apologize if its a cross-post.

AutoZone Employee Fired

Not much to read in the article but it appears this is an act of courage. myself, I would've3 called 911 while outside and guarded the exit.

Edit: Yea Yea Yea...I spelled the title wrong. Made ya look though!

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Autozone is a place I haven't been into for many years. Just too many other choices with better prices.
    It's ironic they fire the guy for that when they very well may have been sued if one of their employees were to get injured during a robbery.

Perhaps I'll make a 'special visit' to the one around here, of course OC my Glock. See if they'll take my money or not.

jpr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Thankfully I do not work there anymore because it is a terrible place to be employed. It is a very easy target that at times can have large amounts of cash on hand. I hope this kid finds something better.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have encountered a great many AutoZone employees who needed to be fired. This one wouldn't make my short list. Good for him for TCB.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    "MY Store", is one of the VERY few, that has NOT been robbed.... The Police told US why..... Can YOU guess ?????

I have told this many times. 30yrs ago I lived in a very undesireable location in Tampa, Fl. Two momandpop stores were nearby. One was robbed all the time and had many shady loiters.
    The one had employess with holstered wepons , even the female checkout clerks, the other did not.

It is pretty easy to deduce from the description which one I liked going to. :)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    :noway: Autozone. That policy sucks. Worked for that company for 4.5 years, I can confirm that corporation does not care about their employees. I won't go into detail because frankly it would be a very very long book with many chapters. This is just another reason why I would never work for them again. Glad the company I work for is pro 2A. I won't have to run to my vehicle for my Glock, it's always with me. I encourage my employees to arm themselves, you never know when you will need a gun for defense. They may save my life someday or others. Just my :twocents:

StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    I am surprised they got anyone over to the register. All of the times I have been forced into buying something at Auto Zone, it is at least a 10 minute wait to get checked out. 10 minutes standing at the register, alone, looking around, waiting....

For some reason the person that gets you your parts can not ring you out. That duty falls to the one guy who is never around.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I'll likely avoid their stores in the future. Hate to hear stories like this.

You realise when you avoid stores, you're hurting people like me, not the corporation?

My wages come directly from footfall. Don't shop at my store? I don't get any hours next week.

Policy states that we aren't allowed to tackle, stop, or do anything to stop the robber. Comply and we will be alright... Obviously this is complete BS to avoid being sued.

My plan on a robbery is to run out to my car and grab my gun (s) but obviously reading this I won't go back into the store ;)

And yes, the district manager would've had to fire him.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom