• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Thanks, yeah, I found it online finally. Apparently, it performs double duty, static reduction and cleaning the grooves. I'd never seen one before but then I've always bought cheap turntables; this is the first decent one I've owned. Thanks!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    And if you use it you need a bottle of lubricant/activator to drop into the end to make sure it works. luckily for me I bought a sizeable bottle in the 70's which is still going drop by drop.

I can adjust the speed on my turntable to make sure the presentation is correct.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Bought a used turntable recently and it came with this:

View attachment 332287

What is it? I'm assuming you place it so it brushes the vinyl as some type of cleaner?

Thanks!
    You place it opposite of the stylus oriented in the same direction as you play a record. It cleans dust ahead of the stylus and drains static electricity. The thumb wheel in the back should have a ground wire attached to it so it draws static from the record, you ground it to the receiver/amp. And as I said earlier the red disc has a port on the opposite side pictured to put in some solution to help it draw static off the discs surface.

The types I have are D3 by Discwasher and Scientific Record Care Formula AT608 (Improved) by audio-technica. I have no idea if these are still available anywhere...maybe a drop of water would work?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    You place it opposite of the stylus oriented in the same direction as you play a record. It cleans dust ahead of the stylus and drains static electricity. The thumb wheel in the back should have a ground wire attached to it so it draws static from the record, you ground it to the receiver/amp. And as I said earlier the red disc has a port on the opposite side pictured to put in some solution to help it draw static off the discs surface.

The types I have are D3 by Discwasher and Scientific Record Care Formula AT608 (Improved) by audio-technica. I have no idea if these are still available anywhere...maybe a drop of water would work?

I think scientific record care formula AT608 (improved) was distilled water and alcohol (from an DJ friend who has a giant LP collection)

yes a drop of distilled water will work well. If you have well water like I do I was told not to use regular water because of the lime etc left behind.

Top Bottom