• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I can't believe no one's posted this.

Please, anyone who's out and about this Christmas, please be vigilant and keep your radar on. Christmas isn't over yet.

White House: Failed Airline Bombing Was Attempted Act of Terrorism - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

U.S. officials say a Northwest Airlines passenger from Nigeria said he was acting on behalf of Al Qaeda when he tried to blow up a flight Friday as it landed in Detroit.
    Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., identified the suspect as Abdul Mudallad, a Nigerian. King said the flight began in Nigeria and went through Amsterdam en route to Detroit.
    One of the U.S. intelligence officials said the explosive device was a mix of powder and liquid. It failed when the passenger tried to detonate it.
    The passenger was being questioned Friday evening.
    Both of the officials spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was continuing.
    The motive of the Christmas Day attack was not immediately clear.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The first version of this story was that some numbnutz lit a pack of fire-crackers on the plane, as of about 8:00 p.m. that was the extent of it, which is bad enough...now this...what a shame. They got some real vigilant security in Nigeria and Amsterdam apparently.:xmad:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hopefully, these attempts will remain just that - attempts.

I hear that. However, this brings up two serious questions.

One, was he REALLY a lone wolf or was this something bigger?

Two, this just shows that the TSA restrictions are, at the least, :bs: and do nothing to stop terrorists.

EDIT: Yes, I know our TSA restrictions aren't implemented in Denmark, but he had a powder and a liquid which he failed to ignite properly. They say if he had done this right, it would have brought down the plane. Both substances are apparently cosmetically similar to household products and he carried amounts that would be allowable to anyone boarding the plane.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I just don't know what kind of god they worship that supposedly rewards them for killing innocent people!! Oh never mind I do to know............. Beelzebub!!! We Need to Bomb the Muslim nations that promote this kind of behavior with pigs blood!! they believe if the touch pig blood they will go to hell, so if we cover them in it they wont be so willing to die!! General Black Jack Pershing had it rite back in WWI.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Good thing he was incompetent. I wonder what the actual device was and what it's success chances were...

Reminds me of the shoebomber who could not light the fuse before the passengers disarmed him.

The only reason to discover intent is to find out if he was actually connected to any network or just alone. If there is a root that can be followed then go for it. If he is just a lone attacker, then so be it. He goes to jail either way the only question is if he will have company.

When southern indiana was getting all sorts of hits from ELF, the big question was always if an attack was by and individual or a group since either way the only requirement for claiming to be ELF was to claim to be ELF! Seriously.

That kind of headless, disconnected attack is hard to track down since there are no connections.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    The religion of peace rears its ugly head and strikes once more. I'm sure glad its not the religion of crazy - murderous - terrorists, then we would be in real troubble.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Gee, can't figure out the motive, huh? can't be because he was a muslim terrorist, no... wish we could figure it out. Probably because of the Christmas trees with stars and angels on them...it was too much for him to bear...could have been anybody...not because he's a muslim terrorist...probably the next one will be an evangelical christian...just you wait and see...

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Stay safe Cygnus, and it's a good reminder to the rest of us that fly for business to keep our alert level up. I've got to say that if someone's lighting ANYTHING on a plane that I'm on, it's on like Donkey Kong...

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Stay safe Cygnus, and it's a good reminder to the rest of us that fly for business to keep our alert level up. I've got to say that if someone's lighting ANYTHING on a plane that I'm on, it's on like Donkey Kong...

Thanks for the safety wish. I think I need to get to the airport extra early now cause of this a-hole......

I'll keep an eye out. Anyhting smoking and they'll have at least one 240lb. son of LEGAL immigrants, who also wore the US Army uniform in combat (dad not me ) on their A$$.

(Dad drilled CQC into since age 6.......not fun then but worth it now)

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    FBI probes attempt to blow up Detroit-bound airliner - Yahoo! News

Meanwhile, Nigerian newspaper This Day reported that Abdulmutallab's wealthy businessman father, Umaru Mutallab, had grown so distraught over his son's religious extremism that he contacted US authorities about it in mid-2009.

Once in custody, the suspect claimed he was following orders from Al-Qaeda and had acquired his incendiary device in Yemen, reports said, but experts urged caution and suggested he could still have been acting alone.

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    I'd like to know why Detroit, was it seen as weak and maybe understaffed? Fragile since it's already cracked? That guy deserves his first week ,and what should be his last, in General Population at Wayne County Jail

Top Bottom