• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pete

Sharpshooter
    Apr 21, 2011
    All signed up & can't wait until the 8th. I've been stretching & trying the shooting positions. It is pretty rough right now. Hope it gets better in the next week or so. Who else is going? :)

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    Well... I guess I'll be there since I am Shoot Boss :): We have three instructors and eight more shooters so far. You make nine!

Stretching in advance is a great idea btw.

YHJ

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    Well I TRIED to join but I am a disabled Vet and it was REAL clear with both Randy and Jeff, 'my kind' isn't welcome there. Have a good time!:patriot:

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    Who are Randy and Jeff? Are they a comedy troupe?
    Have they been to an Appleseed?
    I am married to a disabled vet, and she is a part of the program.
    Appleseed has a core group we can reach out to just for making our program better for disabled shooters. It's called Adaptive Appleseed.

This guy thought we did a pretty good job of working with his disability.
    5627147290_2b6dfca03a_z.jpg

What is your disability and how can we make our program with you?

YHJ

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    Who are Randy and Jeff? Are they a comedy troupe?
    Have they been to an Appleseed?
    I am married to a disabled vet, and she is a part of the program.
    Appleseed has a core group we can reach out to just for making our program better for disabled shooters. It's called Adaptive Appleseed.

This guy thought we did a pretty good job of working with his disability.
    5627147290_2b6dfca03a_z.jpg

What is your disability and how can we make our program with you?

YHJ

He didn't try to join Atlanta.

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    So are you saying the Atlanta Conservation Club are the ones who said you are not welcome?

"SAY I am not welcome?" Not at all but the list of objections they put up is enough to raise the interest of the Americans With Disabilities Act. They are sending forms to get their investigation started. Better hope they got some REAL good lawyers, I am sure the Feds do. :dunno::dunno::dunno:

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    We can offer you several other locations across the state that have in the past been very welcoming to disabled persons. Feel free to sign up for an Appleseed at any other location if Atlanta is not welcoming.

Appleseed Schedule

YHJ

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    "SAY I am not welcome?" Not at all but the list of objections they put up is enough to raise the interest of the Americans With Disabilities Act. They are sending forms to get their investigation started. Better hope they got some REAL good lawyers, I am sure the Feds do. :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Come to my shoot, I wont discriminate:D, Ill even give you a ride to the range on the UTV.

How can you pass up that deal??

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    Come to my shoot, I wont discriminate:D, Ill even give you a ride to the range on the UTV.

How can you pass up that deal??

Thanks for the offer, I may indeed do that. It has been my experience in 40+ years of shooting that shooters are the most stand up people around who would go out of their way to lend a hand to ANYONE. I won't let a negative experience of dealing with 2-3 bigots at Atlanta change that opinion of MOST shooters.

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Thanks for the offer, I may indeed do that. It has been my experience in 40+ years of shooting that shooters are the most stand up people around who would go out of their way to lend a hand to ANYONE. I won't let a negative experience of dealing with 2-3 bigots at Atlanta change that opinion of MOST shooters.

Just to be clear Atlanta is just allowing Appleseed to run events there. Appleseed is its own program completely. Definitely check one out. Not only am I a disabled veteran but I'm also a Appleseed instructor. You should take Alan up on his offer. That is going to be a great shoot!

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Dec 2, 2012
    Thanks to all the Appleseed instructors and fellow shooters for a great weekend of Marksmanship at Atlanta.

LS6

Top Bottom