• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Depends what level you buy. It has many scopes in its line up that range in quality and price just like all the rest. They are based out of Kansas and seem to be the latest scope company to pop up

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Athlon scope are made in China, the PST & HST line in the Philippines.

I have an Athlon Talos 4-16x mildot MRAD and have been pleased with it, especially considering its price point. I have it on a RAR 22lr and it has tracked properly and repeatably with a lot of dialing. I did have an issue immediately upon receipt of the optic, but Athlon drop shipped a replacement same day and told me to simply return the defective optic in the box the replacement came in; maybe a 3 day ordeal.

The turrets on my Talos feel just like a BSA Tactical 4-14x (somewhat mushy and quiet), and the Talos/Argos BTR certainly looks like kissin' cousins of the Primary Arms/BSA Tactical/Falcon Menace construction. They're workable, but I certainly prefer more audible & tactile clicks.

When evaluating the Talos BTR & Argos BTR, my previous concerns revolved around weight relative to Vortex options. Of course, the XTRII ain't a light optic either and I have since ordered two PST Gen2 5-25s from Promotive which are just a hair under the XTR2 5-25 and hair heavier than the Argos BTR 6-24.

For a feature-packed budget 'tactical' optic, I think Athlon presents excellent value and performance outpunching its price point.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Athlon scopes get high marks. I only have experience with one of their cheaper ones (customer brought it in, so I dont know what model it was), and it broke first day of shooting (reticle rotating inside the tube). That can happen with anyone scope, and Athlon made it right.

Athlon is the newest player in the game. Every year 25 new companies hit the market, and normally every year 24 of them go out of business leaving their customers with no warranty. Typically I dont pay much attention to any company until they have been in the game long enough for me to trust they will stay in the game. Time will tell.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yeah.....I'll stick with non-Chinese made scopes.

It does look like the Cronus and Ares are Japanese and made at LOW (Cronus anyways, not much info out there regarding the Ares, but they do specify HD glass, so I'm assuming LOW). The rest is Chinese junk.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I've personally done a lot of reading on these scopes as I really considered buying at least one of the Midas. But in the end I purchased 2 Bushnell elite tactical 6-24x scopes that Midwayusa had on clearance. While most companies especially when new have teething issues Athlon seem to get more positive reviews than negative. I've read a couple places that the scopes didn't track consistently and hash lines didn't line back up after spinning up and back down same number of clicks. Athlon promptly exchanged these scopes until the customer had one they were happy with. That's good CS. In the end for me I'm not sure if I wanted to spend $500+ on an optic with a great warranty to only have that company go under a few yrs later and then have no warranty.

Top Bottom